What's new

Senator Al Franken

I really don't want to stir anything up (really, I don't), but I can't help thinking that after all these years, it finally turns out that he's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, people like him!

(If some of our younger or foreign members don't get the reference, Google it. It's worth it.)

This thread is going no where but locked. For good reason on this one too. He is too sensitive a topic to be discussed without coming to blows!

This thread is going no where but locked. For good reason on this one too. He is too sensitive a topic to be discussed without coming to blows!

I have to agree.

Really?!?!?!?!?!?! I was just trying to make a Stuart Smalley joke . . .

Brodirt, you've betrayed me :w00t: - you're the one who thinks everyone here is too sensitive!

Well, I leave it to the mods. If it's locked or deleted, I will persevere. :lol:

Personally, I can't stand the clown. I dislike his politics and personality. Elevating him to a senatorial seat is a disgrace!

Really?!?!?!?!?!?! I was just trying to make a Stuart Smalley joke . . .

Brodirt, you've betrayed me :w00t: - you're the one who thinks everyone here is too sensitive!

Well, I leave it to the mods. If it's locked or deleted, I will persevere. :lol:

If it means anything I thought you're joke was funny. :wink:

I used to go to a bar where there was a woman who liked to stir up fights. Across the bar you would hear her yell something like, "No. Don't hit him with the pool cue Roy!"

I'm in no way saying that the OP intended to start anything but it's clear that political subjects on B&B are inflammatory. Start a thread with politics in the subject and we know where it's going.

I used to go to a bar where there was a woman who liked to stir up fights. Across the bar you would hear her yell something like, "No. Don't hit him with the pool cue Roy!"

I'm in no way saying that the OP intended to start anything but it's clear that political subjects on B&B are inflammatory. Start a thread with politics in the subject and we know where it's going.

Yup. This is just too polarizing. It could stay civil for a bit, then someone will break out with a fifth of Childish Rant, followed by catty PM's to those who disagree(what is this junior high?).

I really don't want to stir anything up (really, I don't), but I can't help thinking that after all these years, it finally turns out that he's good enough, he's smart enough, and doggone it, people like him!

(If some of our younger or foreign members don't get the reference, Google it. It's worth it.)

Isn't Minnesota the same state that gave us Governor Jesse Ventura? Why does that surprise anyone?

And count 'em, and count 'em and count 'em, till the desired result is obtained.

Desired by whom? The Republican governor? Or is the count accurate only when dictated by judges who are close friends or appointees of the candidate's father?

Top Bottom