What's new

What are some Frankincense or F&M colognes . . .

That are readily available and not prohibitive in price? To me, $100 is a wallop for a few ounces of anything. (Even cannabis.)

That are readily available and not prohibitive in price? To me, $100 is a wallop for a few ounces of anything. (Even cannabis.)

Well, the way I see it, if it is something you use sparingly, 100 usd is not that much. A good number of smokers will spend more than that in month and a half on cigarettes. A good perfume, even when used heavily, will last for at least 3 months. I have been on this for almost 2 years and I have never been able to finish a bottle of anything.
but Anyway, to each his own.:biggrin:

Incense is one of those notes with which you are better buying niche/artisan/exclusive brands. One more thing to consider is that many cedar fragrances can pass a as a good incense fragrance. this is true for perfumes like Kenzo jungle and Tumulte by Christian Lacroix. Other than that I recommend you to look into Commes des Garcons, it has a full line of incenses, and usually the two best sellers are Kyoto and Avignon. Also worth considering is 2Man, also by CdG. You may also want to look for Oliver Durbano, maybe you can get a good price below 100.

Incense Oils/Roll Ons by Nandita Fragrances are amazing values. I've had their Sandalwood variety for more than a year...the vial may be only 8ml but since it's roll-on a little goes a long way. They work like perfume oils and last a LONG time, yet stay close to the skin. An 8ml vial is about $8.

Here's their Frankincense variety: http://incenseguru.com/nandita_oil_frankincense.html

No Myrrh though...:frown:

My 2 favs:

Boswellia Papyrifera type scent: Tauer's Incense Extreme
Boswellia Carterii + bleached linen = Heeley Cardinal

Durbano's Rock Crystal is similar to Indian Serrata Frankincense.

The cheap alternative is to buy one of the oils.

100$ for a few ounces of cannabis is a great price !

BUY BUY BUY !!!

proxy.php

Hehehe...$100/2oz days ended thirty years ago. If your budget is tight (and who doesn't have a tight budget), you can still find some bargains. You want to be VERY sure before purchasing that a given scent is what you want. You can get samples, of course, and perhaps check B/S/T. That would be the preferred method.

Of course, what usually seems to happen, is that yet another incarnation of AD takes over, you cruise Basenotes, get into decant-buying, make blind purchases, etc.

I love incense notes, but some folks hate 'em. Ambergris is unique in the scent world (although descriptions of 'stuff hawked up by a sperm whale' aren't so enticing). I've been experimenting with a bit of Houbigant "Ambergris" and its powerful and unique. It came in a roll-on bottle and seems to have some fizz to it....I took it out and pressed my fingertip to the roller and it shot all over my hand!

Top Bottom