What's new

Summer sweat

I tend to sweat quite a bit in the summer and find that on hot sticky days after shaving the sweat starts to irratate the areas that I have shaved. Does anyone have a remedy to this problem

Jeff, what kind of aftershave do you currently use? In general I find sweat to be astringent, what to me is what I want. :confused:

Jeff, what kind of aftershave do you currently use? In general I find sweat to be astringent, what to me is what I want. :confused:

That doesn't make any sense; sweat comes out of your pores, thus your pores would have to open in order for you to be able to sweat....

I feel the same, and even more when Im exercising like biking. If I should exercising on the morning, shaving before is not an option. Even at the afternoon I got problems when I'm active, sometimes it burn so intense I have to stop and splash my face with water befor I can move along. But on "everyday sweating" I don't have any problems. Personally I think this is because the water stay much longer and the salt percent is much lower comparing to when I'm exercising, like biking and the "speed wind" remove the water but not the salt, and cause it's the salt and minerals that burns the burn is more intense.

But what do I know, Im not a doctor...

//Axel

I tend to sweat quite a bit in the summer and find that on hot sticky days after shaving the sweat starts to irratate the areas that I have shaved. Does anyone have a remedy to this problem

Servants? :clap:

Just kidding. I occassionaly have the same issue, never really found a good fix for it.

I have the same problem! Today I had a really nice, irritation free, super close shave. But this afternoon, in the heat of the day, a little sweat and my neck was really bothering me. Luckily, it didn't get all red and bumpy, but it sure felt like it had.

A couple of weeks ago the same thing happened, but my neck did get red and bumpy several hours after the shave. I put some Witch Hazel on it and it calmed down. But that was after I was in the air conditioning and I didn't sweat again that day, so I don't know if it's a real solution. I might try using Pinaud Bay Rum as a body splash in the heat this summer. I'll splash a bit on my neck the next time this happens. I'm sure it'll burn, but I'm ok with that.

Stop exercising. :biggrin:

I have the same problem, and find that it goes away after a while.

That doesn't make any sense; sweat comes out of your pores, thus your pores would have to open in order for you to be able to sweat....
You're right, the pores have to open. But then again there's a lot of salt in sweat and when you're cooling down again and the pores begin to close there aforementioned process sets in.
And I think you sweat a lot more on the forehead and on the top of your head than on your beard area. So the pores open on your forehead and stay relatetively closed on your beard area.

I've had the same problem this year in the heat, since I work out in the heat. It starts to get irritated around my Adam's apple in the late afternoon heat. My remedy is to shave the evening before and skip the morning shave.

I would still like to find a remedy so I can shave in the morning.

I have the same problem. If I sweat any at all in the morning, after shaving between 5 & 7 AM, then my neck gets irritated and in Texas this time of year you just have to go outside to drive to work to sweat. Even if I manage to avoid sweating in the morning when I run in the afternoon, about 10-11 hours after shaving I will get irritation and can sometimes smell my aftershave as I sweat it back out. Shaving the evening before isn't an option on workdays as I would have 5 o'clock shadow by noon. I feel your pain.

It is basically the salt from the sweat burning. I usually shave after I am done with work after a warm cleasing shower. I typically don't use aftershave because it is hard to find one that doesn't irritate the skin. When shave in the morning it is on the weekend. I have had the same problem before converting from Mach3 to DE. No mater what the blade always is touching the skin so it really has nothing to do with the pores but more or less salt going over shave tracks especially in the neck area. This only generally happens with a hot heat sweat than normal persperation.

Top Bottom