What's new

"7 A.M. PLATINUM" DE Blades

I was going to give them a try but I generally don't shave that early in the morning. me = :shaving: time =
proxy.php

Perhaps I had a bad pack, but the ones I used provided nothing but negative results.

Kyle, you are right. I did get bad shaves from this blade. I was thinking of another blade. Getting older sucks. I forget things. :biggrin:

I got some with a razor I bought on ebay....the first 3 of the 5-pack all had huge damaged spots on the edge (I could see them with only my eyes at over a foot away). Once I found the third bad one, I just opened up the last two blades and dropped them all into my sharps bin.

I'll take up some random drug/grocerystore blade first.

Perhaps I had a bad pack, but the ones I used provided nothing but negative results.

Kyle you got 7 am platinum Version 1. these are version 2! the guy is selling they are a tad bit better but nothing like the way they engineered Sharp V1 against V2 a complete different world so I told the engineers work on V3 for 7am platinum and they are working on it.. im supposed to receive a new batch with V3 any day... but since is almost christmas I wonder if it will be this year or just going to be next year. I have had a B&B member tell me he liked the 7am better then the Sharp I was like ??? :eek: :eek: ???

Kyle you got 7 am platinum Version 1. these are version 2! the guy is selling they are a tad bit better but nothing like the way they engineered Sharp V1 against V2 a complete different world so I told the engineers work on V3 for 7am platinum and they are working on it.. im supposed to receive a new batch with V3 any day... but since is almost christmas I wonder if it will be this year or just going to be next year. I have had a B&B member tell me he liked the 7am better then the Sharp I was like ??? :eek: :eek: ???

I thought the Sharps were awfully medeocre as well.....

I am new to this board. I have been wetshaving with a merkur hd for about 4 months now. I was using merkur blades. I thought they were ok, but not great. I saw the 7am blades on ebay a week ago (before I saw this post), and I ordered them. They came this past weekend, and I tried the 1st one today. Great shave! I thought it was better than the shave I was getting with the merkur blades. I don't know if the merkur blades were not sharp enough for my beard or what, but I like these 7 am blades better. I hope that the negative reviews were not because of bad quality control and my next 7am blade will shave like crap. I am cautiously optimistic about the blades I have. Then again, I probably have not been shaving with a de razor long enough to know what I am talking about. :)

My blades look like the ones in the picture above, except my blades have 1 and 2 in the corners instead of 3 and 4. Does that make any difference?

D

dtb

I've been using the 7AMS now too before seeing this post.

I received them with a Parker 84 I purchased that came with a bunch. They were great in the 84. I put one in my Fat boy for kicks- the result was probably the best BBS shave I've ever gotten with one of these in my Gillette Fat boy. Required less passes than I'm used to making with other blades. I guess I'll rotate these in with Derbys and IPS in the assorted DEs I own to see what combos work well. Variety is the spice of life.

I am new to this board. I have been wetshaving with a merkur hd for about 4 months now. I was using merkur blades. I thought they were ok, but not great. I saw the 7am blades on ebay a week ago (before I saw this post), and I ordered them. They came this past weekend, and I tried the 1st one today. Great shave! I thought it was better than the shave I was getting with the merkur blades. I don't know if the merkur blades were not sharp enough for my beard or what, but I like these 7 am blades better. I hope that the negative reviews were not because of bad quality control and my next 7am blade will shave like crap. I am cautiously optimistic about the blades I have. Then again, I probably have not been shaving with a de razor long enough to know what I am talking about. :)

My blades look like the ones in the picture above, except my blades have 1 and 2 in the corners instead of 3 and 4. Does that make any difference?

Let me carify , Joel never received 7am V2 so he is talking about a product that is not being made anymore.
Im surprised you get better results then a Merkur blade I have never tested a Merkur so I dont know im waiting for my next package from Jeff which will have some Merkurs in it.

The cutting force has been changed on 7am V2 , you have Version 2 if the package has 5 blades per pack ! they used to come by with 2 blades per pack but I had it changed , there for with 2 blades per package these came in a bulk hanger by 80 blades totall.

I am waiting for 7am V3 ! which I hope will be a smoother blade due to coating changes , your 7am will be of consistent quality the computer that checks these blades is mainly operated by only a few if not 1 guy the technical MD

Mind you this blade came out in December 2005 ! which is a new adventure for them since its platinum coated. The Sharp has been around for 18 years.

One side has 1-2 1-2 the other side 3-4 3-4 .

Top Bottom