What's new

"7 A.M. PLATINUM" DE Blades

My blades are 5 per pack. So I guess I have the 7am V2. My initial shave was pretty good. I'll see if the future shaves are just as good.

I recently purchased 100 for $11.50 of the V2 on ebay and I am very pleased with the quality of shave I get from them. They are smooth and clean.The only problem I have is every blade has a nasty burr on one corner*** NOT***on the blades cutting edges, but on one of the left/right tabs that are on the sides. It will get you if you arent careful. I hit it with a nail file one good stroke and it's gone. I will purchase them again though. I look forward to seeing V3 when it comes out.

The cutting force has been changed on 7am V2 , you have Version 2 if the package has 5 blades per pack ! they used to come by with 2 blades per pack but I had it changed , there for with 2 blades per package these came in a bulk hanger by 80 blades totall.

Renee, no offense meant, but these "versions" of various blades are just making everything confusing! I simply won't buy Sharp or 7am blades if there is that much inconsistency involved in the branding. With Feather, Derby, or Merkur, I at least have a pretty good sense that my next pack of blades will be about the same as my last pack...

Renee, no offense meant, but these "versions" of various blades are just making everything confusing! I simply won't buy Sharp or 7am blades if there is that much inconsistency involved in the branding. With Feather, Derby, or Merkur, I at least have a pretty good sense that my next pack of blades will be about the same as my last pack...

Agreed. A few weeks back I bought 2 of the Asian Sampler Packs that Renee had available on the forums, and after reading this thread I just went and checked my stash of 7am boxes... he sent me QTY 5 total boxes, and all 5 have only 2 blades per pack. Looks like I got all the V1 blades.... I wonder if he was just looking to dump his inventory of the old V1 blades. :mad:

D

dtb

I purchased my razor that came with the 7AM blades from Howard1616 on Ebay. No nonsense with different versions, etc.. I can just say, I'm very happy with what I received.

I purchased my razor that came with the 7AM blades from Howard1616 on Ebay. No nonsense with different versions, etc.. I can just say, I'm very happy with what I received.

Yes, but that's sort of the point -- do you have any idea which "version" of the 7AM blades you received, and whether your next pack will be the same? :confused:

D

dtb

Considering I have a 100 of them, I don't think I'll be buying more for a while.. I would expect they'd get better, not worse though if the manufacturer made improvements/changes.. .

Same goes for Derby or Feather, do you really think your using Feather V1 ?
Feather blades need engineering time aswell just like any other blade there is no manual on how to make DE blades all factories have a basic clue but its all a find out as you go trade.
offcourse the Feathers werent released from a small test team like the Sharps or 7am where . but you can bet your NOT using Feather V1 prob V3 or V4 ! they are just not name that way.

Here is to make you even more confused 7am V3 is already out aswell even I didnt have them in my hands this time the quality is consistent dont worry about getting V1 ever fromt these brands. Sharp is basically finalised and will not see V3 untill we see fit to re-engineer it so its up to you to keep calling it Sharp V2 or 7am V3 , I dont care I would just like to call it Sharps and 7am from now on.

Agreed. A few weeks back I bought 2 of the Asian Sampler Packs that Renee had available on the forums, and after reading this thread I just went and checked my stash of 7am boxes... he sent me QTY 5 total boxes, and all 5 have only 2 blades per pack. Looks like I got all the V1 blades.... I wonder if he was just looking to dump his inventory of the old V1 blades. :mad:

Jason before you start accusing someone you should check if you know what your talking about before talking from your #$##$#$#.

Didnt the Techno razor clearly say 7am PLatinum V2 !!!! so that is what you got Version 2 !!! I recent you implying im dumping my stash on you .

Very simple 7am V2 2 blades per pack were shipped to me to test them !
then in the meantime I told the factory to change the packing to 5 blades per pack because thats the best environmental thing to do and also better for shipping.

guys, didn't you see what you were sent? I have the same blades. Please, please! You're mistaken. This version is NOT the same, so please don't accuse someone wrongly.

Thank you...

Jeff

Certainly didn't mean to offend. All I had heard was that V1 blades came 2 in a pack and V2 blades came 5 in pack. Now, based off your new information, V2 blades can come in both 2 in a pack and 5 in a pack. So how do we tell the difference when we receive a pack and it has two blades in it?

I didn't purchase the Techno razor pack.. I purchased the "Asian DE blade sampler pack" and that listing simply stated "7AM Platinum" so that could mean V1 or V2. I sincerely wasn't trying to make you upset, and I completely believe you when you state that the blades I received are V2 blades... I just wish it was easier for everyone to determine what version they receive if/when they get them.

Again, I apologize for any offense.

Jason before you start accusing someone you should check if you know what your talking about before talking from your #$##$#$#.

Didnt the Techno razor clearly say 7am PLatinum V2 !!!! so that is what you got Version 2 !!! I recent you implying im dumping my stash on you .

Very simple 7am V2 2 blades per pack were shipped to me to test them !
then in the meantime I told the factory to change the packing to 5 blades per pack because thats the best environmental thing to do and also better for shipping.

Certainly didn't mean to offend. All I had heard was that V1 blades came 2 in a pack and V2 blades came 5 in pack. Now, based off your new information, V2 blades can come in both 2 in a pack and 5 in a pack. So how do we tell the difference when we receive a pack and it has two blades in it?

I didn't purchase the Techno razor pack.. I purchased the "Asian DE blade sampler pack" and that listing simply stated "7AM Platinum" so that could mean V1 or V2. I sincerely wasn't trying to make you upset, and I completely believe you when you state that the blades I received are V2 blades... I just wish it was easier for everyone to determine what version they receive if/when they get them.

Again, I apologize for any offense.

7am is only produced in 5 a pack now they changed the machine settings.

Ah the Asian sampler.. cant remember a thing had to look it up...

-10 Feathers -Japan
-15 Sharps -Bangladesh
-10 Derby Extras -Turkey
-6 7am V2 -Bangladesh ***
-5- Platinum Israeli
-2- Gillette Stainless -Czechy
Korean Blades
-3- New PLatinum EJ-Force800-
-3- Summa Platinum Chrome Steel
-3- Summa Superstainless STeel
-3- EJ-Force 810

and what the *** mean you could look it up in the thread itself where I clearly state its still a product in development !
->>>>

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6741&highlight=asian+sampler

Hey Guys,
The 7A.M. blade works great in my 41 ranger, and my 48 to 1954 superspeeds. Tried it yesterday in my futur at the 1.5 adjustment and suffered four nicks and razor burn. Gonna stick with feathers in the futur. The 7A.M. blades I have are 5 per pack V-2s That I got on ebay from Howie. He's a good guy to deal with.
Thanks
Clay

Top Bottom