What's new

Whats your favorite style of beer?

Well the question is basically in the title. so what do you say?

I personaly like dark heavy beers (which are easy to come by in Canada:biggrin:) personal favorites:
Bitters
Nut Browns
Amber Ales
Resently I discovered posibly my favorite type, German Bocks!:drool:

All of theose are pretty general, except the Bock of course. So what'll it be?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Belgian Ales, brown ales and red ales.

Wheat beer, witebier (Hoegaarden), bock, stout and ale in about that order. What amazes me about German beer is that by law (which dates back to about 1516 AD) they can only use malt, hops, yeast and water in their beer, yet the range and flavour profiles are so diverse. Beer from Belgium on the other hand has no 'rules' as such and they have some really interesting beers like Orval to which candied sugar is added and even fruit flavoured Lambic beers.

Pete

For summer, wheat beer.
Dark beer for winter.
Ale any time.
My favorite, free beer.

Cheers gents, Happy 4th of July

Well the question is basically in the title. so what do you say?

I personaly like dark heavy beers (which are easy to come by in Canada:biggrin:) personal favorites:
Bitters
Nut Browns
Amber Ales
Resently I discovered posibly my favorite type, German Bocks!:drool:

All of theose are pretty general, except the Bock of course. So what'll it be?
I'm the same, bocks, dark ales, stouts. On hot days I go for the pale ales though. It's mainly ales for me :w00t:
winter = stout, spring = red/amber ales, summer is pale ales, autumn is brown ales.

Last edited:
Just one?!!! IPA, Czech Pilsner, Heffe Weisen, heck, I can find traits I like in just about any style ale and even amature brewers can make pretty good stuff. Lagers and pilsners are a little more divided into "no thanks" and "wow!!"

I'm partial to pale ales, especially India pale ales. In fact, I think I'll have one now.

Mike

It definitely depends on my mood, but Belgian Quads, Wits, Germany Hefe's, American IPA's, Imperial stouts are in my fridge most often... Although, for this weekend, and lots of time standing around a grill, I have a feeling that I'll be drinking a lot of Rauchbier this weekend. For those of you that don't know, Rauchbier uses malt that is smoked before brewing the beer. It definitely is not for everyone, but if you can imagine bottling the smell of a campfire, that's about it. MMmmmm..... liquid bacon:biggrin:

It definitely depends on my mood, but Belgian Quads, Wits, Germany Hefe's, American IPA's, Imperial stouts are in my fridge most often... Although, for this weekend, and lots of time standing around a grill, I have a feeling that I'll be drinking a lot of Rauchbier this weekend. For those of you that don't know, Rauchbier uses malt that is smoked before brewing the beer. It definitely is not for everyone, but if you can imagine bottling the smell of a campfire, that's about it. MMmmmm..... liquid bacon:biggrin:

You're not kidding!

...leave it to those crazy Germans to smoke beer. :biggrin:

Top Bottom