What's new

shave sticks

Y

yolo wazuli

anyone know a better stick or soap/creme than arko or la toja? these are great, but i'm looking for greater than the best (just one man's opinion). thanks.

Irisch Moos is my only shave stick, but man oh man is it good. Great scent, great slick, some of my best lather always comes from Moos.

anyone know a better stick or soap/creme than arko or la toja? these are great, but i'm looking for greater than the best (just one man's opinion). thanks.

What improvement are you looking for? Scent, lather...
By the way I find Arko to be a fantastic Soap and great scent to.

Last edited:
My only shave-stick is Ogallala Bay Rum ... a fantastic performer, any way you want to look at it.

Although I generally prefer unscented or mild products, this stuff has a powerful aroma, and it smells great. Sometimes I just leave it open on the counter so the Bay Rum smell fills the whole bathroom.

The lather is very slick and provides a great shave. It doesn't produce mountains of lather, but then again, it doesn't have to.

QED. Fabulous product. Go to QEDusa.com In the left hand column you'll see "other fabulous products" click that and it will take you to his special brushes and soaps. Have fun. Bathtub gin, wild orange, grapefruit mint, all amazing. Then again, you can get any soap, and if its glycerin based you can melt it into an empty shave stick or deodorant holder and if its not tallow based, you can mill it and smoosh it into those holders. Lots of threads on this. And WELCOME Yolo to B&B!

Last edited by a moderator:
A great budget product is the tallow Palmolive. A higher end great product are the DR Harris sticks.

+1 to all the above, tho, myself, I didn't like the scent of the Palmolive. If you can get the old formulation, the Erasmic stick is very nice too. Just get the old (tallow) formula. The new formulation is worthless.

SCS (saint charles shave) also does a couple of sticks.

The Wilkinson shave stick is a terrific product. Cheap (in the UK), dense lather, lubes well for excellent slip/slickness, softens whiskers. Easily deposits soap on the whiskers when applied. The soap easily fluffs into a thick lather. First rate on all counts.

It is tallow based and also has lanolin. Out of all the sticks I have (most of those mentioned above...) I like this one the best. :001_wub:

-- John Gehman

The Wilkinson shave stick is a terrific product. Cheap (in the UK), dense lather, lubes well for excellent slip/slickness, softens whiskers. Easily deposits soap on the whiskers when applied. The soap easily fluffs into a thick lather. First rate on all counts.

It is tallow based and also has lanolin. Out of all the sticks I have (most of those mentioned above...) I like this one the best. :001_wub:

-- John Gehman

+1, out of the 10 sticks I have I reach for the Wilkinson most followed by the Palmolive. The Harris sticks are nice but they are the smallest(40g) and one of the most expensive, around $14. The Speick stick is another underrated performer.

Cheers,
David

it's provides lots of thick, protective lather. It contains tallow, glycerin and lanolin and has a nice old-style scent. Plus, it's a cool blue color :biggrin:

QED. Fabulous product. Go to QEDusa.com In the left hand column you'll see "other fabulous products" click that and it will take you to his special brushes and soaps. Have fun. Bathtub gin, wild orange, grapefruit mint, all amazing. Then again, you can get any soap, and if its glycerin based you can melt it into an empty shave stick or deodorant holder and if its not tallow based, you can mill it and smoosh it into those holders. Lots of threads on this. And WELCOME Yolo to B&B!

I've been using QED sticks of bathtub gin and chocolate and they're both great. Awesome, slick lather and nice scents.

De Vergulde Hand Scheerstaaf is the best performer I've found, but QED is the best smelling (and a decent performer as well).

My only shave-stick is Ogallala Bay Rum

+ freaking 1. Ogalla makes some super slick stuff. Their products are wicked good and they smell awesome. I bought the stick on a whim but now I'm addicted to their wares. Try their Bay Rum and Sandalwood scented products--really really awesome.

Palmolive, Speick, Tabac and Irisch Moos are all great soaps available as a stick but then again, none of them beats my Arko....

YMMV!!

Top Bottom