What's new

utter novice here

Hi

Already posted my first post on the shaving brush forum, but might as well say hi here as well.

I've only used mach3 and electric razors until now. Absolutely hated the electric razor, always got a horrible shave and razor burn to boot. I usually got a pretty close shave with the mach3, yet I almost always got some razor burn and cut myself alot.

I'd describe my whiskers as really tough and thick, and I suspect that's why I never got more than two shaves with a mach3 before I had to use a new blade. Oddly enough, lately I've been getting a decent shave with almost no razor burn by using the cheaper disposable Gilette razors that have two tiers instead of three. Funny, given that it costs half as much, even though I only use these blades once instead of twice.

However, I hate buying and throwing away disposable plastic junk and this is all in preparation for the day soon to come when I attempt to become a user of the straight razor.

Well that's all for now, I look forward to getting some good advice on this forum.

Welcome! I too have a think beard, and I promise you will find a set-up that once again makes shaving an enjoyable time!

Welcome,

Our paths are very similar, but instead of a straight, I have gone to Slants, adjustables like the Futur, Open Combs and now a GEM. All give me great, smooth, irritation free shaves.

Welcome! I too have a think beard, and I promise you will find a set-up that once again makes shaving an enjoyable time!

Sluggo, is that a combination of thick and pink? :tongue:

Welcome,

Our paths are very similar, but instead of a straight, I have gone to Slants, adjustables like the Futur, Open Combs and now a GEM. All give me great, smooth, irritation free shaves.

Sluggo, is that a combination of thick and pink? :tongue:

I dont get it:confused:

Hi

Already posted my first post on the shaving brush forum, but might as well say hi here as well.

I've only used mach3 and electric razors until now. Absolutely hated the electric razor, always got a horrible shave and razor burn to boot. I usually got a pretty close shave with the mach3, yet I almost always got some razor burn and cut myself alot.

I'd describe my whiskers as really tough and thick, and I suspect that's why I never got more than two shaves with a mach3 before I had to use a new blade. Oddly enough, lately I've been getting a decent shave with almost no razor burn by using the cheaper disposable Gilette razors that have two tiers instead of three. Funny, given that it costs half as much, even though I only use these blades once instead of twice.

However, I hate buying and throwing away disposable plastic junk and this is all in preparation for the day soon to come when I attempt to become a user of the straight razor.

Well that's all for now, I look forward to getting some good advice on this forum.

You've come to the right place. Welcome.
Sue

Welcome to the boards. I am sure you will find what you are looking for as long as you ask a lot of questions!

Top Bottom