What's new

Looking for a new single malt

I just finished my bottle of Glenlivet 12, which was my first single malt. I think I would like to try a highland next, any suggestions?

Macallan 12 is a good Highland.
I personally prefer the Islay malts
Laphroaig. Love it immediately, or hate it at first, but eventually you will enjoy it. My personal favorite.
Ardbeg
Lagavulin
Bowmore(not a very Islay tasting Islay)

Laphroaig. Love it immediately, or hate it at first, but eventually you will enjoy it. My personal favorite.
Ardbeg
Lagavulin

+1 on the Macallan 12.

I've just been getting into single-malts, and I tried and enjoyed McClelland Highland. It's an "entry-level" at around $20 for a 750ml bottle, but it was smooth and enjoyable for the occasional nip.

+1 On the Highland Park 12, the 18 is kind of spendy but excellent. I also received bottle of Jura 16 as a fathers day gift. Outstanding!

Ardbeg
Lagavulin

+1 on Langavulin (which strictly speaking I think is an Island single malt). It's the best I've ever tasted. Also like Laphroaig, but you're right, it's love/hate. Some folks think it's like swallowing a mouthful of dirt. :eek:

I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried any of the Japanese single malts. I hear they are very good.

+1 on Langavulin (which strictly speaking I think is an Island single malt). It's the best I've ever tasted. Also like Laphroaig, but you're right, it's love/hate. Some folks think it's like swallowing a mouthful of dirt. :eek:

I'd be interested to know if anyone has tried any of the Japanese single malts. I hear they are very good.

I have had the Suntory Yamazaki 12. Very similar to a highland. Sweet, not overly complex, and smooooth.

Balvenie, Macallan, or Glenmorangie, if you are looking for a Highland/Speyside. Laphroaig or Highland Park if you just want something good.

Whiskey names have always cracked me up ever since we were at a friend's house and he suddenly exclaimed that he was going to pull out his Glenfiddich.

Ardbeg
Lagavulin

If you'd said that Bunnahabhain was not very Islay tasting, I'd have to agree with you.

Bowmore has always been a peaty Islay malt

Top Bottom