What's new

20-somethings that wear Tabac....

Haha, good id on Davies. I borrow his suave portrait to lend weight to the things I say on here. If people saw a picture of the lazy grad student I am they'd probably stop listening to me :tongue_sm

One of my favorite writers. I'd know that mug anywhere. :biggrin:

Or just start not caring right now. It makes life sooooo much easier.

I do....that's why I have no qualms about wearing Mr. Taylor, Speick, Floid... but I've never worn anything with a prominent floral note before considering Tabac.

But as a single guy of 24, I have to consider the reactions of young women to an extent.

Why? There are those who will like it, just as there are those who will dislike it. Preference is not visible from the outside: it's not like they wear a little sign saying: You'd better be wearing some Guerlain Héritage or Bruno Banani Magc Man if you want to score, and please none of that Armani Acqua di Giò crap. Once again: it's you who is wearing the scent, so you should be comfortable with it yourself to the point where you don it because it is simply you.

Other people smelling you will usually not disect the fragrance into its constituents, so don't worry about Tabac's very mildly floral notes. It is a far cry from truly floral fragrances like No. 89 or No. 127 from Floris.

Finally, Tabac is a rare thing across the puddle, and you might want to worry more about that particular fact than whether or not the ladies will like it---suppose that a cute girl asks you what that is you're wearing, and you explain that it is Tabac, a little-known German brand? That indicates that you have a very unusual interest for a male: fragrances, and probably willing to go out of your way to get them, too. (I'm silently assuming you're not in it for a short and tumultuous rendez-vous---because you'd be wearing something completely different if you did.) That might have a far bigger impact than the somewhat odd sweet-spicy smell you're giving off!

Last edited:
I see what you're saying. And the thing is, I generally do wear what I like and don't care what people think. But when I originally got the Tabac soap (y'know, when it's so strong it threatens to kill all local plant life) I hated it. It was sweet, floral, and "grandma's makeup bag". But NOW it has mellowed out and I'm liking the scent more every day. Sweet, soapy-clean, spicy and masculine, like an oriental but more unique. So unique that I'm close to doing a full 180 on the scent.

But at the same time it's so different from my normal everyday scent (Mr. Taylor) that I'm afraid the cologne will arrive and it'll smell like the new puck of soap, cloyingly sweet and floral. I guess I hope it will mellow like Clubman and a light hand on application (as always with me) will result in magic.

And yeah, I don't do tumultuous rendezvouz. If I DID, I'd use my sandalwood perfume oil. :biggrin:

I'm 28 and I am a Tabac Backer. I don't know if I've ever gotten a compliment, or a complaint. But I am devoted to it and use it for myself--hopefully others quietly enjoy it, but I will always go Tabac to back...I mean back to Tabac.

Gentlemen,

I was born in the court of King Louis IVX. Yet for many decades, I have chosen to stake out the glorious age of 27, and where I plan to remain until my turn in the chair at that delightful barbershop in the sky.

Yesterday, during a routine blood test, the young vampire dining on my blood paused long enough to put on what I thought was a smile and tell me I smelled good.

"Thank you," I said. "It's an aftershave called Tabac — German."
She nodded. "Smells good. Gotta get some for my boyfriend."

You you see, gentlemen, age matters little. As someone here suggested, wear what you like.

Tabac is a delight, and a good choice for young and old. At least, it's a favorite with vampires.

Obelit

:thumbup:

Thank you for posting--a sheer delight

Lilac Vegetarian,

Thank you for the kind remarks about my post. I do enjoy these most interesting topical conversations with you gentlemen.

Regards,

Obelit

Top Bottom