What's new

Tulsa, OK

Has anyone been to a CVS? There are now several in the area -- including one in BA. They might carry Pinaud. Ace also carried it in the past.

Haven't checked CVS yet....and there are other Walgreens in BA I haven't checked yet.....need to go on a shavepocalypse quest.

Which Ted's? One is at Utica Square, the other is at The Farm. Unless the shavepocalypse is upon us, I'd bet the other Ted's still has something in stock.

Sorry, I was referring to the one at Utica. Also, they Bath and Body Works at Utica only carries the C.O. Bigelow shave cream. A lady there informed me that the store in Woodland Hills carries more men's grooming products.

Newbie here, I was just looking for local places. Made my first post about 10 minutes ago.

Anyway, has the scoop changed? I'm going to go check these places tomorrow for some decent soap and maybe a brush, but I may just end up ordering online tonight, i'm anxious!

Glad to hear from a local guy. I checked out many of the places mentioned above to be useful. I ended up buying a box of 100 Dorco DE blades from the barber supply store on 3rd and Utica for $9.50 and a few pucks of cream for $.50. I could not find any badger hair brushes locally and ended up ordering online.

One cream that I did end up buying from Bath & Body Works is the "Proraso" under the C.O. Biglow brand. I absolutely love this cream.

By the way the Dorco blades are just okay at best. You can order much better blades online.

Good luck shopping,
Kurtis

Now that C&E has closed, the only local sources that I know of for badger brushes are Ted's Pipe Shoppe (both locations -- Utica Square and The Farm) and there are a couple at The Gadget Shoppe. The barber supply shop on Utica used to carry them, but I think they quit.

Boar brushes, on the other hand, are easy to find -- grocery stores, drug stores, and barber supply shops.

Newbie here. I went by ACE yesterday and they had two cheap, unnamed DE razors in stock. The guy there said he has been ordering Merkurs for some time but his importer never sends them. *sigh* I did my part to support the local economy, however, and picked up an over-priced badger brush at Ted's/Utica square. I'm ordering an EJ DE89LBL and a blade sampler pack from Amazon this afternoon....a little sad I couldn't find it locally, but VERY stoked to get my first proper shave in many years. :thumbup:

I wonder if there are enough like-minded folks in town to support a small specialty shaving shop. The guys at ACE and Ted's both mentioned being regularly unable to help customers looking for DE razors, etc., but did not seem to care much....not rude, just not motivated to seek out and procure the items their customers are asking for.

Redd, which Ace did you go to? I know that some venders carry a lot of different products and a store can special order from a vender. If the manager sees that we are really interested then he might be more likely to get some of the DE razors for us. We just hope the markup is not a lot. Then again I always like buying local an will pay a little more to avoid shipping cost.

I will contact Ace once Redd replies.
Thanks, Kurtis

Hello Kurtis,

I went to the one at 3rd and Utica. I didn't bother asking if he had investigated other vendor possibilities. I'm with you. I prefer to buy local when I can.

I also picked up some Jack Black shaving cream at Ulta in Tulsa Hills....got some funny looks walking in there without a woman. :laugh: It was $22...same as Amazon.

Happy hunting,
Jason

Redd and fellow B&B,
Sorry guys, I was thinking of Ace Hardware, not Ace Barbara Supply. I know a manager at the Ace Hardware by my house and thought for a moment we might be able to order for one of his fenders. I think we are just going to be limited to a few stores with poor selection. Thankgoodness for ordering online.

Kurtis
A DE shaver with a limited supply in Tulsa.

:lol::lol: I guess we know who to call if we need that special super-whamidyne-bad-boy riding lawnmower!

Thankgoodness indeed.

Jason

Redd and fellow B&B,
Sorry guys, I was thinking of Ace Hardware, not Ace Barbara Supply. I know a manager at the Ace Hardware by my house and thought for a moment we might be able to order for one of his fenders. I think we are just going to be limited to a few stores with poor selection. Thankgoodness for ordering online.

Kurtis
A DE shaver with a limited supply in Tulsa.

Title pretty much says it all . . . the Bath & Bodyworks at Utica Square no longer carries the beloved C. O. Bigelow (Proraso) shaving cream, nor any other shaving creams or supplies at all, except scent. They told me that the BBWs at the local malls still carry it.

Saks Fifth Avenue at Utica Square also has a noteworthy selection of wet shaving products -- Art of Shaving, Kiehl's, and Jack Black (in the cosmetics section, on your left when entering by the door). There are no razors and no blades, but within these three lines, they have a very large selection of creams, soaps, aftershaves, lotions, and even including AoS brushes.

Prices didn't seem to be listed, which presumably means they sell at MSRP.

S

scshreve

Just bought a new brush from Ted's Pipe Shop and when I got it out of the box at home the smoke smell about knocked me out. Will the smell ever leave the natual badger? I sure don't want to go around smelling like a fresh shaved ash tray.:wink2:

Also...Tulsa Barber at 3rd and Utica has a handfull of Merkur DEs (25C, 33C and model 180s) all are $26.95. Ted's price is $41.95 for a 180 (yes Ted's now has a half dozen razors). Anyway, glad I went to Tulsa Barber first. Unfortunately TB has no quality blades or brushes at this time. Oh and the 75% off sale is still going on. They are still trying to clear out their parent's stock then move to the brother's shop to continue to sell their regular priced items which includes shaving supplies.

I was just at Utica Square -- looks like there will soon be a L'Occitane in the storefront where Crabtree & Evelyn used to be. I'm not sure if this counts as an upgrade or not, but it's one more local option.

S

shriner

New be here (shriner ) Anyone have any new intel for shave supplies in Tulsa ? Most of this thread is two years old ,am looking for Jagger , Taylor of bond street , I have online links for them but would like a local shop for hands on time before I buy.

As far as I know, there are only two real updates over the data from 2010:

1. L'Occitane is open at Utica Square in the old C&E spot. They have the Cade soaps (with bowl, or puck only) a travel brush, and a wide selection of preshave and aftershave stuff. Some wonderful smells in there.

2. Apparently there is a local place called Theraganics that operates out of The Farm (51st and Sheridan) and sells its own, unique soaps that have been favorably reviewed:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...ahoma-Handmade-Soaps-A-Review?highlight=tulsa

Top Bottom