What's new

Indulgence of the Night - July 2009

Tonights dinner is an amalgamation of several cultures, with an Alex twist. (IE got the idea from a recipe and made it my own way.)

Appetizer: Pita Chips, with home made Hummus, with about 5x the called for garlic, added chili flake, and a healthy squirt of Sriacha.

Soup course: Spicy Gazpacho, made with Heirloom tomatoes, serrano chilis, and extra garlic.

Main course: Parchment pouches. Chicken breast pieces, seasoned with white wine, salt pepper and Harissa, on a bed of Israeli Couscous. The liquid to cook the couscous, and steam the chicken, will be the white wine, some chicken stock, and olive oil, wrapped up in a parchment envelope, and baked at 350 for 20 minutes or so.

2" thick New York Steaks with salt, pepper, and garlic powder rubbed on, grilled over hardwood charcoal.

Grilled Asparagus and baked potatos grilled in foil.

Garlic bread

Dinner with Redwood creek pinot noir

After dinner having Rattray's Hall o' The Wind pipe tobacco in my Savinelli Churchwarden and drinking some Bushmill's 16yr old Irish Whiskey.

Don't you just hate roughing it?

As it's unusually hot over here in blighty

Brooklyn Lager (chilled)

Followed by:

Young's Special London Ale

Isle of Arran 10yo
Lagavulin 16yo

In a Spiegelau snifter :thumbup1:

Just poured my first (ever) Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Wow. This stuff is...smooth...bitter...clean...refreshing...did I mention smooth? The hops are there, but they don't grab you by the collar and slap you around a bit like an IPA does. There's an underlying sophistication about its delivery.

I'm three sips into it and it's already in my top five. Wow...just wow.

It's my sons birthday today. His dinner request - chicken quesadillas. Smoked chicken (home smoked, of course), pepper jack, pickled jalapenos, and guajillo salsa crisped up in flour tortillas. Fantastic. Served with a homemade layer cake and a big, cold glass of milk. Comfort food at its best.

It's my sons birthday today. His dinner request - chicken quesadillas. Smoked chicken (home smoked, of course), pepper jack, pickled jalapenos, and guajillo salsa crisped up in flour tortillas. Fantastic. Served with a homemade layer cake and a big, cold glass of milk. Comfort food at its best.

Your kids aren't spoiled, but they sure eat like they are. :wink::biggrin:

A meal fit for a King and an excellent choice by your son. Wish the little guy a warm happy birthday from all of us at B&B.

Well, it's not evening yet, but I'm sitting on the patio reading (Sherlock Holmes, The Valley of Fear), with a Summit Hefe Weizen and a Fuente Cuban Belicoso.

An Aviation (Hendrick's gin, Maraschino liquor, lemon). Then grilled chicken sate' with peanut sauce and sambal kecup.

Top Bottom