What's new

So a 23 year old punk breaks in to this 71 year old's house...

proxy.php

...and ends up looking like this:

proxy.php

Link to the story:

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25717069-38200,00.html

I'm not usually one to repost news stories, but this was too excellent to pass up:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

YEAAAAAAAAA
THANKS, great story. wish it happened more often.

If it would have been my home, I most likely would have gone to jail. Equal force hell, I;d of shot him, (at least 3 times!).

YEAAAAAAAAA
THANKS, great story. wish it happened more often.

If it would have been my home, I most likely would have gone to jail. Equal force hell, I;d of shot him, (at least 3 times!).

Had the guy simply shot the burglar this wouldn't be funny. It's so funny because of the age discrepancy and the hilarious mug shot.

That dude got what he deserved. I know a few 60+ men that would have shoved their foot up that guys a--.

Of course both of them are 8+ degree black belts.

Legal to shoot him in most states? Possibly...unless you have a CCW. If you do, you have to prove that the crook was intent upon harming you, that there was a threat.
My favorite part of that news story are the comments that people left. It seems that a few side with the young fellow and feel that he was 'wronged'

Great story!

looking at the picture, he does not looked all that banged up. The perp looks like he took a few to the face, nothing more. Trust me, if someone beat the crap out of you you would look far worse. Given that, the Public Defender's comments are particularly hilarious:

McCalium’s lawyer told the court his client “looked like a car accident”.

“Photos of the scene looked more like a murder scene,” he told the court.

My favorite part of that news story are the comments that people left. It seems that a few side with the young fellow and feel that he was 'wronged'
I read through them, and feel that a few of them were tongue in check. This one, for example:

"Have some pity for the young guy who got bashed. He lilely has a drug addiction, which is a disease everyone, not a choice. He was liley jusy trying to steal the TV or something to get money for a much needed hit and this old guy, who knows how to hurt people professionally, comes in and attacks him! That doesn't sound to me like justice at all. Courts need to help protect the weaker members of our society and apprehend those who feel justified in assaulting others. When is the world going to start changing?"

On the surface it would appear to be your typical left-wing criminal as victim post, but given a closer read suggests that this is pure parody. Just like the Colbert Report.

Last edited:
extremely valid point. I hadn't taken that into consideration. Wasn't paying complete attention to the wording as I just got home when I posted that. Been a stressful day, what with the cool temperatures and my car being broken. After rereading that one, I agree. Tongue-in-cheek

I could not get the link to work right now so I could not read the article but really like the posts here. My bro who is a detective for a bigger city has seen stuff like this happen a few times. The cops just love busting a guy in his 20's after he tries to rob someone thought to be weaker and gets their face kicked in. My favorite was when a 65 year old retired marine DI comes home to find two guys robbing his place. grabs the first one and chokes him out and then runs after the 2nd. neighbors see the DI chasing the guy and they help tackle the kid, then keep the DI from kicking the crap out of the kid before the cops get there. Compassion for someone stealing for another and getting caught? Hey if you can't do the time don't do the crime, even if the time is a whupn.

Haha! That is great. People think old people are easy simply because they are old. What they fail to realize as a lot of the older people are/were WWII/Korea/Vietnam vets, and they have seen and done a fair share of stuff, and are not about to put up with crap!

Legal to shoot him in most states? Possibly...unless you have a CCW. If you do, you have to prove that the crook was intent upon harming you, that there was a threat.
'

Read the story, the thief attacked the old man with a knife. That's undeniable intent to harm.

Too bad it was only 4 1/2 years. He deserved more time. Thank goodness that old man could handle himself that situation could have ended up a lot worse.

Love it. :biggrin:
Would have been nice if the old man showed the kid how to use the knife too, if you catch my drift. :wink:

Top Bottom