What's new

SE Michigan

Hello all -- I happened to stop in to the newly opened Plum Market in West Bloomfield the other day to pick up some Art of Shaving Lavender shave cream. They carry AOS products as well as Truefitt & Hill and a few other brands. I decided to e-mail the store about the possibility of their carrying some other popular brands that were hard to find outside internet shopping, specifically Speick, Musgo Real and Proraso.

The very next day I received a nice response from the "Director of Apothecary, Pharmacy & OTC" saying she would be happy to consider my request. Here is her response:

Hello Andrew,

I appreciate you reaching out to us about different products that you would like to see us carry. I will definitely reach these lines and see if they may be a good fit for our store.

The one brand that comes to mind that we do currently carry is Truefitt and Hill, www.truefittandhill.com. This is a high quality brand from London which I found in my travels to London with my husband, he absolutely loves the brand. When you are in the store next please ask for product samples of this line or any you may be interested in, we would love for you to try the selection we have to see if it may compare to the suggested brands.

Please continue to look at our stores, for I will be looking into the lines you suggested.

Thanks,

Jennifer Martin

I immediately replied, sending her some links to information regarding these brands, as well as links to "real people" reviews from right here at B&B. Hopefully, those of you in the Detroit area who might like to see these products available on the shelves might be willing to drop Ms. Martin a friendly e-mail and offer some encouragement as well ([email protected]). If not, at least stop by the store and get some free TH samples. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I just received another e-mail from Ms. Martin. She is going to contact some of the links I gave her and see if they will offer her wholesale accounts. So, it looks like there's a possibility Plum Market may indeed soon start stocking Speick, Musgo, Proraso and/or Tabac on their shelves. :biggrin:

Let's just say Ann Arbor is even more out of the way then Bloomfield, seeing as I'm south of Flint. :lol:

Tell you what then, if and when they start to stock these brands, let me know what you want and I'll get it for you, and you can pick it up from me at my office in Troy. That should be much closer for you. :smile:

Hello all -- I happened to stop in to the newly opened Plum Market in West Bloomfield the other day to pick up some Art of Shaving Lavender shave cream. They carry AOS products as well as Truefitt & Hill and a few other brands. I decided to e-mail the store about the possibility of their carrying some other popular brands that were hard to find outside internet shopping, specifically Speick, Musgo Real and Proraso.

The very next day I received a nice response from the "Director of Apothecary, Pharmacy & OTC" saying she would be happy to consider my request. Here is her response:

Hello Andrew,

I appreciate you reaching out to us about different products that you would like to see us carry. I will definitely reach these lines and see if they may be a good fit for our store.

The one brand that comes to mind that we do currently carry is Truefitt and Hill, www.truefittandhill.com. This is a high quality brand from London which I found in my travels to London with my husband, he absolutely loves the brand. When you are in the store next please ask for product samples of this line or any you may be interested in, we would love for you to try the selection we have to see if it may compare to the suggested brands.

Please continue to look at our stores, for I will be looking into the lines you suggested.

Thanks,

Jennifer Martin

I immediately replied, sending her some links to information regarding these brands, as well as links to "real people" reviews from right here at B&B. Hopefully, those of you in the Detroit area who might like to see these products available on the shelves might be willing to drop Ms. Martin a friendly e-mail and offer some encouragement as well ([email protected]). If not, at least stop by the store and get some free TH samples. :biggrin:

Thanks, Andrew. Plum is 1/2 mile away and did not realize. Going tonight to check out!!-Jeff

Tell you what then, if and when they start to stock these brands, let me know what you want and I'll get it for you, and you can pick it up from me at my office in Troy. That should be much closer for you. :smile:

I'll think about. Thanks for the offer! :biggrin:

Just got back from Plum Market. They are out of samples, but the selection of shaving supplies is amazing for a grocer. Besides AOS and T&H, they had Lucky Tiger, KMF, Herbal Cowboy, Alba, and several other brands I've never heard of.

Excellent wine selection :biggrin: and a nice fruit and vegetable area, too. All in all, a nice store.

Larry

The one in Ann Arbor is closer to me so I'll have to stop in some time. Thankfully there's another shop carrying shaving supplies in AA as Maison Edwards is a little too steep for my tastes.

Top Bottom