What's new

Anybody familair with Parfum de Nicolai?

I have recently purchased two colognes made by Parfum de Nicolai, 'Balidin' and 'New York' and they are remarkable scents. I have read that the New York consistently rates in the top 10 modern fragrances for men at international shows. Both scents are really long lasting and display a remarkable complexity. I am wondering if other members are familiar with this brand and would be interested to hear some thoughts.

Pete

I have been using New York for the past 18 months, its a great scent and I enjoy wearing it. Awesome dry down and top longevity on my skin.A staple in my collection

I've had both and let both go: I prefer Chanel Pour Monsieur to New York (New York is just a bit more powdery than I like), and I prefer Azuree to Baladin.

I've had both and let both go: I prefer Chanel Pour Monsieur to New York (New York is just a bit more powdery than I like), and I prefer Azuree to Baladin.

If these scents are similar to (or better than) PDN then I'll have to check them out.

Pete

Highly recommend Chanel Pour Monsieur.

Azuree I recommend with reservations because it is a Big Loud scent. The opening is a tad femme but give it an hour and you'll forget all about the femme. If visiting the EL fragrance counter is daunting, consider this: Azuree was also sold under the name Aramis, and they were once dead ringers for each other (they've since changed Aramis).

I think I've also tried Nicolai's classical-type cologne, but was unimpressed.

I called them this morning and was greeted with the Heaviest French Accent Ever. So I used my rudimentary (if that) French "Parlayvoo Inglays?" Was answered with "Nogch, callbach tooomorrrrrow at zenin zee mornioon."

The adventure continues. I really want to try that New York.

Chuck (Rorschuck) has decant's of the New York, and he is back in action from all the storms that have been going on in his area.

I know that house and like some of their colognes. I think both New York and Baladin are over rated and just not very good. But scent is very personal and that's not meant as an opinion on anyone's taste.

I like her Cologne Sologne and her Vetyver EdT.

Top Bottom