Thread: Personna Confusion

Images

Default Personna Confusion

I've tried to get some info from previous posts on this subject but could not find any definite answers.
    I have 2 types of blades here:
    The first is a red box of 5 blades ea and printed Personna (no country of origin).
    The second is a white box of 100 which I bought as Personnas but the brand is not listed anywhere...only reads Made in Israel.

Does anyone know where the red boxed ones are made and are the no brand on the label (made in Israel) Personnas ?

BTW - The red boxed ones are excellent. Have not tried the others yet.
    May all your shaves be BBS

The "red israeli" e-bayer isn't much fun to deal with... got upset because I gave a neutral feedback. Go for the real stuff!

Josh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by misterjoshua View Post
    The "red israeli" e-bayer isn't much fun to deal with... got upset because I gave a neutral feedback. Go for the real stuff!

Josh

I didn't leave feedback, and neither did the seller. I'm still waiting on confirmation from ASR about these blades.

Randy
    "I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
    Shazam!
    Another memorable quote!
    Hall of Fame
    Remember Alex Brown

The seller says s/he got an e-mail confirmation of authenticity.... could be true. however, "blue israelis" actually say "Israel" (or "is real" ... sorry)

Josh

Images

Quote Originally Posted by mrs. chefchris View Post
    That is one of the threads I had looked at before.
    So I guess the bottom line is that they might all be Israeli made and they might not ...and the ones that say "made in Israel" do not have "Personna" imprinted on them

So when members here state "I like the Israeli Personnas"...they could be made elsewhere...what about the UK Personnas and the US Personnas

The reason I bring this up is because I tried my first Personna the other day and thought it was a great performer. It came out of a red little box that said Personna and no place of origin imprinted on it.

From what I've read the white box blades are the real deal and the red box are inferior. I personally love the white and can't stand the red. But if the reds work for you, use them. That's what it's all about find finding the best combo for you. Good luck.
    Tim

HELP SUPPORT B&B

And malt does more than Milton can
    To justify God's ways to man.
    -A.E. Housman

Have a question, PM a mod. That's why we're here!

Quote Originally Posted by GeeQue View Post
    So when members here state "I like the Israeli Personnas"...they could be made elsewhere...
    I think, by and large, most people are referring to the blades that say "Made in Israel" on them. Not many places sell the red packaged blades, so most haven't tried them.
    Zach

Images

I see. So since I've only used the red box Personnas so far, it can only get better from here Thanks all for the info.