What's new

1 dee, 2 dees, what's a dee? (Tony Miller Strops)

Noooooooob Question Alert!

I'm looking over the order form for Tony Miller Artisan strop and I see, "Handles only" "Handles w/ 1 Dee" "Handles w/ 2 Dees" and I'm wondering... what's a dee? I have a vague image of what it might be, but I'm not able to track down any pictures... anybody able to explain this for me?

I'd message him directly but due to his store being closed due to a family emergency I don't want to bug him.

Thanks!

A dee ring is just a metal ring shaped like a "D" that you can grab onto and use as a handle.

Yup, that's what I was picturing but I wasn't sure.

So basically instead of the leather handles you'd get 1 or 2 of those D shaped loop thingies.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
The dees are just metal dee shaped rings. Some guys with carpal tunnel or other joint issues find looping thier fingers through the dees easier than grasping the handles.

You get the dee in addition to the handles when selecting that option and just switch them over yourselves. I semi-pre-assemble all of my strops. I have batches of latigo w/handles, horsehide w/handles, linen w/handles and cotton w/handles in all the strop sizes that I assemble ahead of time. When a customer places an order I grab the component choice they piece and join them together in whatever combo was picked. So, the handles are already attached to save me time, you add the dees yourself if wanted.

When I show strops as "in stock" it means those specific components are finished and on hand awaiting final assembly into the options you pick. This take 1 to 3 days depending on workload and what day in the week you order. Late Thursday, Friday and Saturday orders get assembled on Monday, shipped on Tuesday.

Single Dees are for leather only strops, Two Dees are for leather/cloth strops.

Thanks for asking,
Tony

Oh. Nice to know for my next TM strop :)

Now I just got the plain vegan strop, and having a dee instead of the handle would be neat.

The dees are just metal dee shaped rings. Some guys with carpal tunnel or other joint issues find looping thier fingers through the dees easier than grasping the handles.

Nice option. I have a strop with D handles and a strop with leather handles. I prefer the D handles even though I don't have any carpal tunnel or similar problems. It just feels like a more natural position for then hand. (No TM hanging strop yet. You can be sure when I do get one I will order the D handles.)

Wow, fantastic and detailed explanation. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me, and the rest of us, know.

Just got my TM artisan in yesterday. Mmmm, its nice.

I'll let you know how I like the D-Rings. Installation is a snap. Just need a flat head or a dime. You could also hold onto the metal things that the leather handle is attached to too. I did it with my SRD strop. However, I didn't like it. Anyway, I'll try out the D rings later today.

Top Bottom