What's new

ARAMIS...I'm strangely drawn to it.

This seems to have an allure for me but I don't know why, probably the remnants of an unobtainable teenage desire. Does anybody use it, love it or loathe it?

I just bought a set for my father-in-law and took a shot from the tester at the store. Suddenly it was 1983 again. I briefly toyed with the idea of buying a bottle for myself but I exercised some rare self restraint. Maybe later this summer.

I used this stuff as a teenager.
Regularly every Saturday night having lacerated all my pimples with a Gillette Techmatic I would then douse the wounds with Aramis.
One could hear me screaming three streets away - but the smell was great!
Ah - youth!

Cordially, AvT.

Last edited:
About six months ago I threw away two or three bottles of this stuff keeping one a side, it is at least fifteen years old if not more. Then about two months back I used it and it was a really lovely fresh smell, so much so that I have used it almost exclusively since. There is a reason some aftershaves stand the test of time. There a simply lovely smelling and make you feel good.

ARW1971 - if you are interested there is a branch for UK members just click on my signature. I think I will just have to get myself to a counter to test some after all I'm happy to use Old Spice.

I wear the cologne a lot, and I really like the bathsoap. Along with Old Spice, I think it's one of the best men's fragrances ever.

I would imagine the AS stings like hell, but I must confess i've never used it. I put a dab on my wrist when I was in Debenhams a little while ago and it smells as strong as the EDT, so I reckon there's a fair dollop of fragrance in there.

I think that Aramis is one of those scents that is so representative of the era in which it was introduced, it's a love it or hate it scent. Aramis and Brut were a little before my time, and I love them. But Drakkar, Cool Water, Polo and Calvin Klein were all I smelled growing up and I loathe them all.

I love Aramis. This was the first scent I bought another bottle of when it ran out. I remember going to dances at school and the girls always asked what I was wearing.

What is this scent all about?!

with the comments that im reading, im picturing something like Brett Easton Ellis, Less than Zero.

or a breakfast club with a lot of cocaine around.

I love Aramis. However, it doesn't work well for me.

I love it so much because is reminds me of my father. It was/is his signature scent. Growing up, the whole upstairs of the house would smell like Aramis when we woke up and dad had already left for work (he put it on heavy but he said it would dissipate to an acceptable level by the time he got to work). I could actually smell it when he got home, and it wasn't stale. Quality product.

I love Aramis. This was the first scent I bought another bottle of when it ran out. I remember going to dances at school and the girls always asked what I was wearing.

+1 ... Aramis was the first cologne that drew repeat business from me.

I spent a lot of time in department stores sniffing the sample bottles ... when I got to Aramis, it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I stopped sampling, and actually bought some, and another, and another.

Aramis was my default brand for quite a long while ... although I haven't used it for many years, I can't think of any other cologne that retained me as a loyal user for so long. (Next runner-up is REALM, which contains Human Pheromones. I've been using it for about 10 years now, and will continue to do so, until I find something better to replace it with.)

I love the scent too! Its a oldschool thing with me,For some reason it makes me think of a cool leather jacket.:c2:
This seems to have an allure for me but I don't know why, probably the remnants of an unobtainable teenage desire. Does anybody use it, love it or loathe it?

I like Aramis as well. It's very manly, without compromises. Sometimes I can detect a hint of 'rotten lilacs', but this actually blends well with the leather and spices. Unique frangrance in todays 'fresh' and 'blue' scent landscape

I too have received compliments from lady friends on this one.

What is this scent all about?!

with the comments that im reading, im picturing something like Brett Easton Ellis, Less than Zero.

or a breakfast club with a lot of cocaine around.

Think of a guy with blonde wavy hair. Not quite mullet, but give it another a week and it could be. Think of his peach colored Izod shirt, acid washed Levi's, white Reebok's and a gold necklace of some sort around his neck. He may have pink Wayfarer sunglasses or wraparound Brett Hart shades. Most likely he is driving a convertible Fiero with the top down and his cassette of AC/DC's Back In Black is blaring at full blast. Tucked under his seat is the newest issue of Playboy and he has an open pack of Marlboro Light 100's on the passenger seat. He's going to pick up his girlfriend from the mall arcade that she works at and they're going to catch a meal at Arby's and then go see Bright Lights, Big City down at the Multiplex. On his way to drop her off back at home they discuss Reaganomics and trickle down theories, as well as the true meaning behind Thomas Dolby's She Blinded Me With Science.. After an akward good night kiss cut short by her impatient father standing on the porch, he guns his Fiero out of the driveway and makes sure to peel out from the stop sign, revving that anemic four cylinder as high as he can before releasing the brake. After getting home late, he grabs his issue of Playboy and tucks it under his shirt, all the while humming "Turning Japanese" as he makes his way up the stairs to end his night with a self-inflicted love fest.

That's what Aramis is all about.

Interesting verbal snapshot. So much detail... is this a personal experience? Your personal associations are nothing like mine, however they are vivid and entertaining. Thank you for the 80's cartoon.

Think of a guy with blonde wavy hair. Not quite mullet, but give it another a week and it could be. Think of his peach colored Izod shirt, acid washed Levi's, white Reebok's and a gold necklace of some sort around his neck. He may have pink Wayfarer sunglasses or wraparound Brett Hart shades. Most likely he is driving a convertible Fiero with the top down and his cassette of AC/DC's Back In Black is blaring at full blast. Tucked under his seat is the newest issue of Playboy and he has an open pack of Marlboro Light 100's on the passenger seat. He's going to pick up his girlfriend from the mall arcade that she works at and they're going to catch a meal at Arby's and then go see Bright Lights, Big City down at the Multiplex. On his way to drop her off back at home they discuss Reaganomics and trickle down theories, as well as the true meaning behind Thomas Dolby's She Blinded Me With Science.. After an akward good night kiss cut short by her impatient father standing on the porch, he guns his Fiero out of the driveway and makes sure to peel out from the stop sign, revving that anemic four cylinder as high as he can before releasing the brake. After getting home late, he grabs his issue of Playboy and tucks it under his shirt, all the while humming "Turning Japanese" as he makes his way up the stairs to end his night with a self-inflicted love fest.

That's what Aramis is all about.

Top Bottom