What's new

How many flecks in a snurdle? Or, What do you guys do with all that lather?

I've been dipping my brush in jars of shaving cream, and have a hard time getting a small enough quantity on the brush. Three flecks gives me so much lather I have to toss half of it.

I face lather, so maybe that explains it. While lathering, I dip the brush partly under hot running water several times to get more water and more lather. Those three flecks are enough for four complete passes, with plenty left over for buffing and touching up.

By my calculations, there are 73 flecks in a snurdle, so most of you are making 24.3 times as much lather, and I toss half of mine. Am I doing something wrong? Is everyone else? What am I not getting? OR (in the Bullwinkle sense) What do you guys do with all that lather?

::puzzled

A good 75% or more of all my lather goes down the drain ... unless we're talking about a rare, irreplaceable product like C&E SAO, I'm not concerned about using too much of it.

i make little sculptures with the spare lather, and then they slowly melt away on the rim of my sink as the day goes on

i actually put a bunch on the face and neck. and leave it there while cleaning up then wash it off with some cold water. its fun because you get a little extra scent hanging around.

I have bigger things to worry about - mostly whether I'll get to the door before SWMBO when there's a box of "stash" arriving.

I've been dipping my brush in jars of shaving cream, and have a hard time getting a small enough quantity on the brush. Three flecks gives me so much lather I have to toss half of it.

I face lather, so maybe that explains it. While lathering, I dip the brush partly under hot running water several times to get more water and more lather. Those three flecks are enough for four complete passes, with plenty left over for buffing and touching up.

By my calculations, there are 73 flecks in a snurdle, so most of you are making 24.3 times as much lather, and I toss half of mine. Am I doing something wrong? Is everyone else? What am I not getting? OR (in the Bullwinkle sense) What do you guys do with all that lather?

::puzzled

Boy, and I thought *I* had too much free time. :biggrin:

i actually put a bunch on the face and neck. and leave it there while cleaning up then wash it off with some cold water. its fun because you get a little extra scent hanging around.

That's what I do with the extra. Proraso is especially nice.

I much prefer the English dollop and glob to the metric snurdle! There are approx. 2.2 snurdles in a dollop, 6 dollops is a glob, just in case anyone wants to do any conversions.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Left ove lather gets into my after-shave routine:
the Shave itself
WWR
Lather on
- clean brush, razor, etc. -
CWR, air dry
Aftershave

Rather than actually wasting perfectly good lather, I try to get a good use out of all of it.

For my final buff pass, I'll squeeze the good stuff out of the brush, apply it, and then go back to the brush to mop up whats left. Paint down a fat cushy layer and my cup is practically cleaned out.

(yes I realize this thread was for fun)

Top Bottom