What's new

Penhaligon's for Florida

I am going to request my two free samples from Penhaligon's tonight and was wondering if I could get a few suggestions for the hot and humid climate of Florida. I figured that the citrus scents would go best, but I don't have the best understanding of fragrances yet.
My thoughts were leaning towards two from the following: Castile, Racquets, Quercus, Douro, or Endymion.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!:smile:

Thanks!

Sean

I'd try two different fragrance families....maybe a citrus and a chypre. I like Castile and English Fern. Racquets and Quercus would also be great.
A lot of the vendors will give you sample straws, so you might ask for different ones when ordering. The Penhaligon's scent library has several womens scents so I never got one.
You'll likely end up with them all!

I got the sampler, ladies scents included.

Folks, this stuff is downright top notch. You can't go wrong with any of their offerings. They are all subtle enough so you won't overpower anyone!

Last edited:
I tried Blenheim Bouquet, Hammam Bouquet, and English Fern. I loved English Fern, but prefer the Trumper Wild Fern. Hammam was not my cup of tea, although I like orientals. Blenheim Bouquet is meh for me.

Definitely try as many as you can, they are very well made and you might like them. I'd recommend English Fern as a good summer scent. If you like Blenheim, that would also go well with warm weather (although for me it's too much like Lemonheads candy).

Definitely try before you buy!

The others sound good but I haven't sampled them.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I am going to request my two free samples from Penhaligon's tonight and was wondering if I could get a few suggestions for the hot and humid climate of Florida. I figured that the citrus scents would go best, but I don't have the best understanding of fragrances yet.
My thoughts were leaning towards two from the following: Castile, Racquets, Quercus, Douro, or Endymion.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!:smile:

Thanks!

Sean

Certainly Castile.

I have long pondered trying the Douro ... it's one of the older scents there, like the 2 Bouquets and EF.

I got the sampler, ladies scents included.

Folks, this stuff is downright top notch. You can't go wrong with any of their offerings. They are all subtle enough so you won't overpower anyone!

I don't know about that. I've gotten more than a few adverse reactions from people who say English Fern is "too strong."

Well...Kingfisher and I disagree on this one, but a shot of Opus would smell excellent in the FL clime IMHO

I lived there for three years...so I'm not entirely talking out me arse

I live in AZ so we're hot but not humid (unless it's monsoon season) and I can tell you that Blenheim works great down here. It's a great, citrusy, bright fragrance. Really well-done. Unfortunately my skin eats it up like nothing so after an hour or so it's barely detectable on me (I've had my girlfriends sniff me and they say it's barely there.) I gave some to a friend of mine and it works really well with her. Even after four hours she smells like a sexy, little citrus grove.

I wore Opus 1870 yesterday and it is awesome. I love it. We were also 106 yesterday and slightly overcast so it was a little humid at times and it worked like a champ.

The only one I've never tried is Duoro. Opus has, to me, a bit too heavy a cedar hit. I love the smell of cedar, but for some reason I don't care for it in an EdT.

Top Bottom