What's new

Thayers Witch Hazel AS w/ Aloe

I use the thayer's rose WH a lot. I use it after the alum but before the ASB (almost always proraso). I don't know if I would use it with a straight up AS. It does a good job of softening the skin and the rose smells great. i tried the lavender but didn't like it as much. I think lavender in general doesn't agree with my skin and the scent was a bit too faint (I guess I just really like the rose scent).

I inadvertently used it as a straight moisturizer today since I forgot my moisturizer, my face felt really dry and I actually drove back home to put on some moisturizer even though I'd be late for class (it's freezing cold in NY). It works great when added to a regular ASB or moisturizer but not alone, at least not for me.

I've been experimenting with when to use what for after shave. This morning right after the cold water rinse I applied Thayer's by massaging it into my wet face, let it dry a little bit but not completely, and then applied Proraso ASB. It had a very nice cooling effect on my chin and neck that usually isn't there when I apply Thayer’s, let it dry completely, and then the ASB.

I've been using Thayer's N/A Rose to cut Proraso pre/post and Nivea Sensitive balm. Been pretty happy w/ it so far.
I agree that is works great as a combo on your face but probably wouldn't do much for me on its own as an a/s - at least not this time of the year.
YMMV

I have been using the Thayer's Lavender. Great product. use it religiously every monring. Really closes the pores. It is alcohol free therefore no burning upon using. I give it:thumbup:

Does anyone use this "After Shave" witch hazel by itself as an actual after shave?

Tonight I shaved as usual, then used the alum block, and then finished with the witch hazel. The results were excellent. Normally I would finish off with another after shave but now I really do not see the need.

Anyone else tried this?

Haven't tried it... feels great but doesn't feel "finished" to me. I've been feeling kind of lost until recently insofar as finding the right last step. The "yes" moment for me was trying the L'Occitane CADE ASB after the thayer's with aloe. Awesome. It's just a little heavier than the Nivea Sensitive. If I wasn't using the Thayer's, I'd go straight to the Nivea (or Proraso ASB, or Phytomer splash) as they stand up on their own. The CADE needs a little help IMO. It's working out to be a great last step for me.

Top Bottom