What's new

New Items at Elite Razor

I have just completed several new stone pieces, including Kingman Turquoise, that are now available.

For those who might be looking for a long-handled Merkur in Gold, that option is available as the 34G XL and 37G XL and will be listed under product options.

These exciting new pieces can be found at www.eliterazor.com .

Please drop me an email or a PM if you see something that sparks your interest but might require a modification. That is what helps to keep my products evolving.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Last edited by a moderator:
Below is a just completed custom order for a Carbon-Laced Jasper set. The true name for this stone is "Bloody Basin Jasper", named for the area in Arizona where it is mined. This is perhaps not the best name for a shaving related product, hence the moniker "Carbon-Laced Jasper". The set contains a Merkur 38C and a 22mm Super Badger knot in the brush.

View attachment 57314

Thanks for looking,

Bob Quinn

Last edited:
Below is a just completed custom order for a Carbon-Laced Jasper set. The true name for this stone is "Bloody Basin Jasper", named for the area in Arizona where it is mined. This is perhaps not the best name for a shaving related product, hence the moniker "Carbon-Laced Jasper". The set contains a Merkur 38C and a 22mm Super Badger knot in the brush.

View attachment 57314

Thanks for looking,

Bob Quinn

Wow! Very Impressive. How much do the brush and razor weigh?

Wow! Very Impressive. How much do the brush and razor weigh?

Thanks for looking. The brush weighs in at 2.8 oz and the 38C is 4.0 oz, matching the factory standard.

Weight and grip are the two most common questions posed about the stone razors. Unlike wood, which can vary in weight from species to species, the stone razors consistently match the weight of the original razor as it comes from the factory.

The stone contains a bonding resin that provides a superlative grip, particularly when wet. Combined with the flared profile of the handle, the grip is very secure.

Bob

OK, so the economy has taken its toll on all of us.........

Elite Razor would like to do our part with our own version of a "Shaving Stimulus Package" and announce that we have reduced our pricing across the board on the full line of custom shaving equipment.

We have also added several new items, including handles made from Banded Malachite, as shown below:
View attachment 58638

In an effort to get things started, I have a Carbon Laced Red Jasper brush that is available to the first person to PM for $55. The overall height is 103mm and the loft is 52mm. The knot is a 20mm Super Badger from Anthony at The Golden Nib. The base features an insert of pure black Onyx.

View attachment 58639View attachment 58640

Please visit our site at www.eliterazor.com and see the rest of our pieces.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Amazing work, Bob! I'm definitely getting a Merkur 38C and a matching Silvertip brush but there are so many wonderful options available, it'll be hard to choose. By the way, that Damascus fountain pen is true elegance. :thumbsup:

I already PMed Bob to tell him this, but I felt the need to share it publicly as well.

My Red Jasper brush arrived from Bob today, and I have to say as great as it looks in the above pictures, those pictures don't even do it proper justice.

It is a gorgeous, glossy crimson (a little darker than the pictures. This shade of red is definitely worthy of the name "bloody basin", which I must admit to enjoying the irony of), with small veins of black running wild through it. The bristles are wonderfully soft to the touch, but firm as well.

I don't have a camera handy right now, but I'll try to take some more pictures of it later (see if I can capture the deepness of the color properly, without too much reflecting light brightening it) and post them up in the acquisitions thread.

I'll definitely be recommending Elite Razor to any friends of mine who may be looking for custom shaving tools in the future.

We have just added two new stone pieces, Azurite and Wild Horse Jasper.

The Azurite shown below bears a strong resemblance to Blue Lapis, but has veins of Copper thoughout that create a beautiful piece.
View attachment 60262

The Wild Horse Jasper is mined in the Wild Horse Canyon in Oregon and is a Quartz based piece with distinguishing crimson and black veins.
View attachment 60261

We are also gearing up to begin building handles for the Merkur 3-piece razors in both the open comb and straight bar in both the short and long handles. We expect these items to be available in the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Do you make these razors in a travel size? Specifically, the ability to be easily broken down into 2 or 3 pieces.

I can certainly build a custom handle for a traditional 3-piece razor, where the head unscrews from the handle. With some thought, I am sure I can devise a multi-part handle that would unscrew into 2 pieces.

The challenge with emulating the Merkur travel razor is the unique method of fitting the two handle parts together for storage in the travel case.

If you are interested in pursuing this type of razor, PM me and we can talk about design alternatives.

Bob

We've recently came across a few materials that created some very unique pieces.

The Zebra striped razor and brush are made from a poured Neo-Resin and make a very striking set. The brush has a 24mm Silvertip knot and the razor is a new Merkur 34C.
View attachment 60974

These two razors feature handles made from Bakelite. This material dates to the 1930's and was originally intended to be made into poker chips.
View attachment 60975

These and several other new items are now available at www.eliterazor.com

Thanks,

Bob

Top Bottom