What's new

New Items at Elite Razor

I just completed a few matched stone sets of razors and brushes.

This set is made from Gold Laced Onyx with a 34G Merkur razor and a 24mm Silvertip brush.
View attachment 98474

The set below is made from Tourmaline Laced Quartz with a 34C Merkur razor and a 24mm Silvertip brush.
View attachment 98475

This last set is made from Blue Lapis with a 38C Merkur razor and a 24mm Silvertip brush.
View attachment 98476

These sets are listed on my site, www.eliterazor.com and I expect to be adding a few other stone sets in the coming weeks.

Thanks,

Bob

The shape of the EverReady brush has attracted me since I first saw one. I finally got around to building a replica using Faux Ivory and Water Buffalo horn as the two components of the handle. The handle will accept a 24mm knot and the picture below shows a Silvertip knot set into the handle.
View attachment 103044

I also just completed a matched razor and brush set in Malachite.
View attachment 103045

Thanks,

Bob

Bob, you're going to keep me in the poorhouse for the rest of my life if you keep producing such beautiful work. I've completed a wood set of yours and now I want a stone set!

I have just received a few of the "Money" blocks of US currency and will be building some new brushes from them. Below is a sample of a "Money" brush in a different shape than I've previously made. The knot is a 24mm Silvertip from TGN and the loft is set at 49mm to tighten up the hairs and give the knot a firmer feel.
View attachment 104376

If you are interested in this brush, or a "Money" brush in a different profile, PM me and I would be happy to build a brush to your specifications.

Thanks,

Bob

I am please to announce that all of my custom pieces are on sale for Father's Day at a 15% discount.

It seems appropriate that I post pictures of the following piece on Memorial Day. This pen is made of 59 individual pieces of natural and dyed Maple to depict the American Flag. The reason I am posting this picture on a shaving site is that the gentleman who laser cuts these pieces has agreed to make me a few sets to build into razor handles. I can build these into long handled Merkur razors with either a slant bar, straight bar or open comb and I expect the price to be $95 for the finished item. If you would be interested in this special razor, PM me and I will set one aside for you. These are very labor intensive and I will only be building a limited number of the pieces.

These pictures show the completed piece that will form the handle of the razor, as well as the individual Maple pieces before assembly.
View attachment 106094View attachment 106095

Thanks and have a great Memorial Day.

Bob

I have quite a few new items listed at Elite Razor, as well as new styles of existing pieces.

Below is a Mach 3 razor with a Bloody Basin Jasper handle. I have several other Mach 3 type razors with custom stone handles listed at www.eliterazor.com
View attachment 107042

This is a set made from Sodalite, a new stone for me and one that is very similar to Blue Lapis but with white flecks rather than Pyrite
View attachment 107040

This piece of Brown Mallee burl has had the voids filled with a wine red resin. The shape is the traditional vase shape.
View attachment 107039

One of my favorite materials to work with is Damascus Steel, as shown in the handle of the razor below.
View attachment 107043

This set is made from Mother of Pearl. A traditional material that really stands out when light plays over it.
View attachment 107041

These and many other new pieces are now available, and on sale through Father's Day, at www.eliterazor.com

Bob

I have just completed the American Flag razor noted in a previous post. The pictures below show the completed piece comprised of 59 separate pieces of wood, as well as all the individual pieces before assembly.
View attachment 109225View attachment 109232

I am only going to build 5 of these razors and have 4 left for sale at $95. If you are interested, please PM me.

Thanks,

Bob

I have recently added some new items to my website, such as the pieces shown below.

Please take a look at these and other items listed at www.eliterazor.com

This 22mm brush is made from Blue Lapis.
View attachment 110323

This modified replica of an Eveready 100T is made from Faux Ivory and genuine Water Buffalo horn.
View attachment 110324

The 38C shown below has a handle made from Ancient Kauri, the world's oldest workable wood at 50,000 years.
View attachment 110325

Not nearly as old as Ancient Kauri is Irish Bog Oak at 5,000 years.
View attachment 110326

Thanks to all for your interest in my work.

Bob

Irish Bog Oak is hands-down one of the most gorgeous woods I've seen. I hope you never stop making pieces from it, Bob. I see a Bog Oak brush or a razor in my future.

I

Imperator

I have owned my Cocobolo Wood / Faux Ivory brush by Elite Razor for about 4 months now. The workmanship on the handle is absolutely stunning.

HOWEVER, I have been disappointed by the hair loss from the brush. The knot is shedding an average of 3 or 4 hairs per shave, and is already looking less full than it did a couple of months ago. This is really annoying, as I had to pay quite a lot (including import taxes etc) to ship the brush to the UK.

I have just completed the American Flag razor noted in a previous post. The pictures below show the completed piece comprised of 59 separate pieces of wood, as well as all the individual pieces before assembly.
View attachment 109225View attachment 109232

I am only going to build 5 of these razors and have 4 left for sale at $95. If you are interested, please PM me.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks to all of you who expressed an interest in this unique razor. All have been sold.

Bob

I had the good fortune to snag some beautifully figured Ancient Kauri and build a matching brush and razor. This wood has been carbon dated at over 50,000 years old and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. The brush is a 24mm Silvertip and the razor shown is a Merkur 34C, but the handle can be fitted with either an open-comb or slant, if you prefer.
View attachment 122976

This razor features a handle in the Mokume-Gane style of Japanese metal working which fuses contrasting metals into a single billet. This piece is made of Carbon and Gold. The razor is a Merkur 38C, but the handle can be fitted with either an open-comb or slant, if you prefer.
View attachment 122977

This 22mm brush handle is made of Carob wood and features a collar of Bloody Basin Jasper stone.
View attachment 122978

The 24mm brush shown below has a handle made from a beautiful piece of East Indian Rosewood with a Larimar stone collar.
View attachment 122979

This 24mm brush is made from Tourmaline-lace quartz.
View attachment 122980

Please PM if you are interested in any of these items. I have not listed any of these pieces and wanted to give you all first choice.

Thanks,

Bob

WOW that is one hell of a razor. Bob you do beautiful and unique work.

attachment.php

Top Bottom