What's new

New Items at Elite Razor

Bob, I bookmarked your site. I have my eye on the lapis stone DE. Nice work on those razors.

+1 on the lapis. Beautiful! :thumbup1:

+2 I've almost bought that one a couple of times. For now though I'm really quite content with the rattlesnake razor I purchased from Bob. It is the most amazing DE handle I've ever seen. The good news for me is that in its current state it doesn't bite anymore, even with a Feather or Swede! :lol:

We have just added a number of new items and would like to highlight two pieces in particular.

This handle is made from Gold-Laced Quartz and is shown with the head of a Merkur 23C. It will also accommodate a 25C (Open Comb) head. We are pleased to now have items available for the 3-piece razors. This handle will also fit an Edwin Jagger DE head. If you are interested in acquiring only the handle to use with an existing head, please PM me.
View attachment 62211View attachment 62212

The Merkur 34C shown below has a custom handle make from Damascus Steel. Damascus Steel has a long and distinguished history and we are pleased to be able to offer this item.
View attachment 62210

We have also added a number of new brushes in both stone and Neo-Resinate with 22mm Silvertip knots.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

For anyone who might prefer a slimmer handle, we now offer the Merkur 23C with a custom handle. The razor shown below replaces only the handle and leaves the original threaded collar and tail piece in place. The razor in total measures just over 4" in length.

These handles can be built slimmer or fuller and of any length or material.
View attachment 63136

Thanks for looking,

Bob

I just completed quite a few new pieces that have been listed at www.EliteRazor.com. I have been working with some dyed wood, such as the Blue Curly Maple and the Brown Box Elder Burl shown below.
View attachment 64680View attachment 64681

I have also just completed a Merkur 34C with a custom handle of Python skin encased in crystal-clear acrylic.
View attachment 64682View attachment 64683

I am offering this piece at a discounted price of $75 to the first person to respond either in this forum or by PM.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Thank you to everyone for your interest in my work.

The Python piece is no longer available.

Thanks,

Bob

We have added quite a few new pieces, including custom handles for the Merkur 23 and 33 series and our new Wildlife Collection of handles made from exotic animal skins.

We have also gone back in time to offer a few pieces made from extraordinary selections of wood. The two razors shown below have handles made from extremely old wood. The dark handled 34C is made from Irish Bog Oak, which has lain submerged in Ireland's peat bogs for over 5,000 years.....well before St. Patrick. The lighter brown 38C is made from Ancient Kauri wood from New Zealand. This wood has been carbon dated to more than 45,000 years old and is the oldest workable wood in the world by far.
View attachment 66316

Please check these items put at www.EliteRazor.com , as well as our other new additions.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

I am pleased to announce that I have been able to adjust the pricing on my custom Merkur razors downward in preparation for the holiday season. All of my custom pieces feature brand new Merkur components to deliver the quality shave you would expect from a Merkur.

Please take a look at www.eliterazor.com to see the unique pieces we have available. Also, please drop me a note if you would like me to build something special for you.

Thanks to all for your support,

Bob Quinn

Last edited:
This handle was custom made by Bob to my specifications using gold quartz for my Edwin Jagger DE89. I should be getting the handle in a couple of days. The head in the picture is for demonstration purposes only.
Bob does fantastic work:biggrin:

Last edited:
I have just completed a few new items that have been listed at www.eliterazor.com.

The two brushes shown below both feature a 24mm Silvertip knot and the handles are Gold Laced Quartz and Dark Blue Lapis.
View attachment 80234View attachment 80235

I was very fortunate to come across the material for the 34C handle shown below. It is the skin from a Copperhead snake, encased in clear resin. I have one piece left that can be made into a longer handle to accommodate a 38 or 39. Please PM me if you are interested in the longer style.
View attachment 80236

As always, thanks so much for your interest in my work,

Bob Quinn

I just finished a couple of pieces that are among the best things to come out of my shop.

The long-handled gold slant shown below has already found a home. The handle is made of Gold Laced Onyx and the piece has some of the strongest gold thread I've seen.
View attachment 80464

The brush shown below is Blue Lapis and stands 124mm tall. 66mm for the handle and 58mm for the loft of the brush. The knot is 24mm Super Badger. This handle was just completed and doesn't have a home yet. PM me if you're interested.
View attachment 80465

Bob Quinn

I am always looking for something unique to use as material for my razor and brush handles. This 24mm Silvertip brush handle is made of shredded US currency encased in a clear PolyResin handle. The shredded money is mixed with the resin, making a "cash stew" and then poured into a mold. The piece is completely solid, but looks as though the currency is "floating".

View attachment 82731

This is the only one of these handles I have made and it is for sale for $65. Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

I just completed this brush as a special order for a customer. The handle is made from Bloody Basin Jasper and stands 88mm tall, the knot is a 28mm Silvertip with a loft of 64mm, bringing the total height of the brush to 152mm.

My customer shaves not only his face, but his head, and wanted a large brush. I must admit that I was skeptical at first, but the balance of this brush is amazing and extremely comfortable to hold.

View attachment 85425

Last edited:
I have just completed a few new brushes that are a bit unique.

This handle is made of the natural end of a piece of Red Mallee Burl, accented with a red wine resinate fill.
View attachment 92152

Natural Water Buffalo Horn makes up this handle. The piece is completely natural and the high gloss finish was achieved through buffing.
View attachment 92153

The "Money Brush". Shredded US currency encased in clear acrylic resin makes this a truly unique piece.
View attachment 92154

The Canadian version of the "Money Brush"
View attachment 92155

These pieces can be found at www.eliterazor.com

Thank you all for your interest in my work.

Bob

I've been working on some different profiles for my brush handles and have made an attempt at a "Tall Chubby". The wood is Honduran Rosewood Burl and the knot is a 24mm Silvertip. Any comments or suggestions on the handle shape would be appreciated.
View attachment 95172

I've also completed a few new razors. The handle of the razor below is natural Water Buffalo Horn.
View attachment 95173

The piece below has a handle made of Granite Corian.
View attachment 95174

The 38C shown below has a handle made from Mother of Pearl.
View attachment 95175

This 34C has a handle made from Faux Ivory.
View attachment 95176

My website has been experiencing some issues recently, so if you might be interested in any of these pieces, feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

I have recently completed a couple of new razors made of some of my favorite woods, Bethlehem Olive Wood and Irish Bog Oak.

The two razors show below have handles made of authentic Olive wood from the holy city of Bethlehem. This wood is from trees which have been bearing fruit since the time of the Romans.
View attachment 95941View attachment 95942

The 38C below is made of Irish Bog Oak which has lain hidden in the peat bogs of Ireland since before the time of St. Patrick.
View attachment 95943

These pieces and many more can be found on my website - www.eliterazor.com

Thanks,

Bob Quinn

Those are beautiful, Bob. I like the tall chubby design.

Oh, I'm itching to get a custom slant, but must be patient and save my pennies.

Top Bottom