What's new

Bathroom Time Warp

I contend that all bathrooms are really a pocket of turbulence in the space-time continuum and that when a person enters one, they never know what time it will be when they exit.

For instance, I know it takes me five minutes to complete one pass of my shave (timed on a watch brought with me into the bathroom). This morning my girlfriend interrupted me so she could use the bathroom near the end of a pass; I had only my chin and upper lip to complete. I exited the bathroom and let her go about her business. She was done and I was back in to finish my shave before one minute had passed on the clock on my dresser. After finishing off my chin and upper lip, I opened the bathroom door only to see that eight minutes had passed since I re-entered the bathroom.

Also, it apparently took me four minutes to apply my aftershave balm this morning which seems like a ridiculously long amount of time for such a task. Last night while preparing for bed I took my contact lenses out, brushed my teeth, used the toilet, washed my hands, and checked to make sure I wasn't developing a uni-brow. I was certain at least ten minutes had passed, but according to my clock all that took only four minutes. I can't believe it took me as long to rub some Proraso into my face this morning as it did to accomplish all those things before bed last night.

Don't even get me started on the slippage of time that takes place when I'm in the shower. I believe going behind the shower curtain at least triples the power of whatever force is effecting the rest of the bathroom.

Don't even get me started on the slippage of time that takes place when I'm in the shower. I believe going behind the shower curtain at least triples the power of whatever force is effecting the rest of the bathroom.

+1 000 000

Let's do the time warp again!

I have also noticed that an entire vacation day passes in the equivalent of 15 minutes of a work day. Perhaps one of our physicists can explain these phenomena?

:smartass:

I have also noticed that an entire vacation day passes in the equivalent of 15 minutes of a work day. Perhaps one of our physicists can explain these phenomena?

:smartass:

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

- Albert Einstein

This morning my girlfriend interrupted me so she could use the bathroom near the end of a pass; I had only my chin and upper lip to complete. I exited the bathroom and let her go about her business.

Proof that a flush beats a straight.

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

- Albert Einstein

Yeah, where is Al when you need him? I'd like a deeper analysis of the bathroom situation.

It's probably along the same lines of anomaly that the dryer creates, when it forms a dimensional vortex, or wormhole or something, I'm not sure what the current peer-accepted theory is right now. It then exiles one half of pairs socks to some alternate universe, where people only have 1 leg or something. Conversely, the content of their dryers' lint filters is shunted over to our reality, where it materializes about our houses, all over everything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom