What's new

Gillette Senator - Pics

I've got a Sheraton, the gold cousin to the Senator, and I too find it to give it's best shaves on two to three days growth. I'd say it's a touch more aggressive than my Super Speed, but I think that's the nature of the open comb beast. Just have to be a little more aware of myself during the shave.

I have one, they are a good shave. Mine works best with 2-3 days growth

+2 I use Gillette Yellows or Astra Superior Platinum with the Senator and only use it if I have skipped a day of shaving. The Senator is fairly light (about the weight of a Superspeed). I find that razors with more heft work better for me. YMMV

I use iridiums with mine. Great, non irritating shave. It's my most mild shaver I use, but I go to it often.

I recently added one to my rotation. Used it with Feathers, BICs and Iridiums. It is surprisingly mild for a Gillette open comb. Still a very nice razor that shaves well.

I've had one in my rotation for about a month now. I find it gives a nice shave with the red Personna and is not aggressive at all, less then a mid 50's Super Speed.

Len

V

VR6ofpain

Definitely a fine razor:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Had my first go the other day with mine and got an outstanding close shave using a feather blade and nice steam room prep at the gym.

The moment I saw a Sheraton I knew that it would be the correct razor for me. Finally got one about a month ago, and it is the right tool for the job, no doubt. They are potentially dangerous, but as someone above said, that is just the "nature of the open-comb beast." I wear a small beard and these things are absolutely best for good beard-shaping.

Looking for a re-plater.

Last edited:
Top Bottom