What's new

Underrated movies

would anyone believe me if said megaforce?

more seriously - time bandits & the timothy dalton bond films. i like his style of playing bond.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Bubba Ho-Tep (Bruce Campbell Rocks!)
Big troubles in little China, it's so bad it's good!

Death To Smoochy

I love this movie. Very dark humor, but hilarious nonetheless.

Underrated indeed. The storytelling let alone the visual effects are underrated. In addition, so is Ewen McGregor (sp?)

The Princess Bride

Any time this movie is on, I have to watch it. If you have ever seen this movie, you will never forget:

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father: prepare to die."

Donnie Darko (I guess this one has a bit of a cult following, but I'd still call it underrated)

The first time I saw this my initial reaction was ***???? But after discussing it with several people and watching part of it again, I have a new appreciation for it. It is indeed underrated. However, I have not been able to look at bunny rabbits the same ever since.

The Godfather III - As much as it pains me to say this, the last installment of the trilogy really isn't a bad movie. It is just that it is no where and never will be as good as the first two.

I have some movies on my must watch list now. I am sad to say but I just watched Top Gun about 2 years ago. My husband picked it up for me. I love to watch movies but rarely find time. Thanks to everyone here I have a few I can decide between now when that time comes.

Death to Smoochy
Mystery Men
Mallrats
The Man Who Wasn't There
Big Fish

One I really have to add is The Iron Giant. It's a quality animated flick.

Legion

Staff member
There are so many "foreign" movies that are awesome that get totally overlooked by western audiences...

But if you wand a good Hollywood film that I believe snuck under the radar... Shadowboxer with Cuba Gooding Jnr springs to mind.

There are so many "foreign" movies that are awesome that get totally overlooked by western audiences...

Definitely true, but half the problem is that nobody knows about these foreign films except for people that go looking for them. It's not very often that foreign movies get large coverage in other countries (except for Hollywood films).

Oh man I totally forgot about Mystery Men! Cabin Boy was another family favorite. I don't know if I'd call Blazing Saddles or Young Frankenstein underrated. They are both fairly iconic. Mel Brooks was the man!

Top Bottom