What's new

Shark DE Blades

WOW!

These things are sharp; very sharp indeed.
A little rougher than a Feather, but not by much. Very nice blades.

Hi, Ohio -

I've heard very good things about Shark blades and I'm working through some others before I try them.

I've saw these blades several months ago, but haven't located anywhere to purchase (haven't looked very hard, either)
where did you get them?

They are nice blades. B&B member Melyus has them, you can PM him or try his webstore.

I find them to be very sharp yet not as assertive as the Feathers. What I really like about them is the way they last. I get seven great three pass shaves per blade. At the price point, that makes them very economical as well as being good performers.

The ones I've been using are the Super Stainless. I see that the Ebay source lists his as Super Chrome. I don't know if they perform the same as the Super Stainless that Melyus stocks.

Howard1616 sells them on ebay by the 100. I have not tried them yet but, I have bought blades from Howard before and he is top notch.

The ones I've been using are the Super Stainless. I see that the Ebay source lists his as Super Chrome. I don't know if they perform the same as the Super Stainless that Melyus stocks.

Mine are the Super Chrome. They come in the same white plastic packs that Derby or Dorcos come in.

Glad to hear that the Super Chromes are also delivering good results!

I'm certainly no man of the world when it comes to blades (although after some generous PIFs from Siouxsie and Stubblefield, I am going to have a lot of different blades under my "shaved with" belt soon) but the Sharks seem to hit the sweet spot of sharp yet smooth with me, and they last a week!

Sharks delivers outstanding performance at a reasonable price. Much more consistent and better performer than derbys. Suggest ordering from board member Melyus.

Yes, the are at the very least handled by the same Egyptian company that does Lord blades and razors.

It makes one wonder at the differences between the blades produced for these companies. Perhaps the Sharks are produced on a different line, or with different steel stock, or who knows what. Maybe it's just a diligent quality control supervisor, or perhaps the differences in blades from the same company is all in our heads.:001_smile

Yes, the are at the very least handled by the same Egyptian company that does Lord blades and razors.

It makes one wonder at the differences between the blades produced for these companies. Perhaps the Sharks are produced on a different line, or with different steel stock, or who knows what. Maybe it's just a diligent quality control supervisor, or perhaps the differences in blades from the same company is all in our heads.:001_smile

They are one of many brands under the Lord umbrella.

http://www.razorslord.com/Brands/

I have tried the stainless and the chrome. Both are great blades and are hard to distinguish from one another. I really don't think you can go wrong with either of these blades. I have certainly paid more for less performance with other blades.

I am REALLY liking Shark blades so far. Got the super stainless, and they seem to be a very nice middle ground between Crystals and 7 0'clocks. Sharp, but not wicked sharp. Very smooth as well. If/when I run out, I would definitely order more (and maybe even before then...Shavepocalypse and all y' know)

I am REALLY liking Shark blades so far. Got the super stainless, and they seem to be a very nice middle ground between Crystals and 7 0'clocks. Sharp, but not wicked sharp. Very smooth as well. If/when I run out, I would definitely order more (and maybe even before then...Shavepocalypse and all y' know)

They last longer than anything else for me, tied with German Wilkinson's.
I need more.

^
Man, it just seems like buying any blade by the hundo is the way to do it. If you hate 'em, someone will take them, and if you love them, you've saved a bundle.

Top Bottom