What's new

Shark DE Blades

Has anyone used the Shark blades in a Red Tip SS?

I don't have the Red Tip, but I tried them in the Flare this morning. I love my Flare, but the Shark stainless didn't love me.

The last impression I have is this scraping sound, like a hacksaw across sandpaper. Or, how about the feel of sharkskin? And, I didn't really get a good shave. Maybe the rough scraping sound scared me away from more than my usual 3 passes. I just felt like these blades weren't "cutting it" for me. Literally. Yeah, this is definitely a case of "mileage".

I got mine from Connaught.

It seems I have a problem with Egyptian blades. I don't like Shark and Lord. For me, they are rough and not sharp enough! I tried several packets from Shark and Lord but always with the same result - a very uncomfortable shave and razor burn. It doesn´t matter which razor I took.

Had to do a quick shave in the shower this morning. Did not have time to change the blade, a Shark SS. The blade did not show any sign of losing its sharpness, even after two full head shaves. I am really starting to like this blade.

It seems I´m more Russian than Egyptian. I had problems with every Egyptian blade I tried, but never problems with Russian blades.

I had a wonderful shave wth the 7 o'clock at 8 o'clock this morning. Ahhh.... so much better than the Shark attack.

Just used Shark SC for the first time today. And wow, smooth no irritation no burn. All goodness. Used them in my Gillette Tech. I just ordered a few five packs to figure out what's my favorite, including the Sharks I also got Polisilvers, Astras, and Bolizanos. I've only used Wilkinson Gold Swords and cheap Walgreens blades so not much experience with them. So far so good though.

I've been shaving with Shark SC's for about 2 weeks now. The second, third and fourth shaves are very nice. But, I have to be really careful on the first shave. These things will bite if you're not careful.

I've just had an amazingly wonderful smooth shave with a Shark Super Stainless, i'd been reading some great reviews on b/b, so i took the pludge and ordered some from Ebay, i have to be honest i wasn't expecting wonderful results because it only cost me £2:99p for 30 blades!..that's 10 pence per blade..amazing value..anyway they turned up yesterday, so this morning i showered, took out my newly made shaving bowl of 2 shreaded down palmolive shaving sticks, my wilkinson sword brush and a Shark SS, had a 3 pass shave..these great blades are my now new favourites, i previously used Astra greens..which are good but the shark SS really works for me..i've only been using a DD razor for the two months..and the experience of which i had with these wonderful blades will make me never go back to the so called cartridge ultimate shave experience..try these blades, they are really sharp..be warned, and enjoy.:thumbup:

I've just had an amazingly wonderful smooth shave with a Shark Super Stainless, i'd been reading some great reviews on b/b, so i took the pludge and ordered some from Ebay, i have to be honest i wasn't expecting wonderful results because it only cost me £2:99p for 30 blades!..that's 10 pence per blade..amazing value..anyway they turned up yesterday, so this morning i showered, took out my newly made shaving bowl of 2 shreaded down palmolive shaving sticks, my wilkinson sword brush and a Shark SS, had a 3 pass shave..these great blades are my now new favourites, i previously used Astra greens..which are good but the shark SS really works for me..i've only been using a DD razor for the two months..and the experience of which i had with these wonderful blades will make me never go back to the so called cartridge ultimate shave experience..try these blades, they are really sharp..be warned, and enjoy.:thumbup:

Check out some of the Turkish eBay sellers.......
I've seen Shark Stainless for less than €7,00/100 with free delivery

The Shark ss blade is more forgiving than the Shark sc IMO. It shaves like the Big Ben ss & the Rainbow ss. They are probably the same blade. I get 6-7 shaves with all of them. Shark SC my record was X 14 shaves.

Top Bottom