What's new

Shark DE Blades

Has anyone used the Shark blades in a Red Tip SS? (I mean someone who doesn't hate the Red Tip to begin with).

I'm curious as to their performance (as well as Feather) in the heavier Superspeed.

The Shark and the Red Tip are a great combo for me. In fact, I think it might be my favorite home for the Shark.

I'm forever going back and forth between the Red Tip and the 40's SS as my favorite, so to mix things up I broke out my regular SS and gave it a whirl for a few days. I could do a four pass shave with the standard SS and a Shark, something I would not want or need to do with the Red Tip.

In short, don't think the Shark is not suited for the more agressive razors...I've used them in Slims and a Fatboy dailed way up, and in a few open comb razors, too. They aren't forgiving of poor technique, but they aren't punishing when good technique is used.

1st shave with a Shark this morning & I'm impressed. Very smooth, comfortable & close in my 40's SS. Both the & 7OC Yellow & indian 7OC green fall well short in the same razor. Nice, affordable & a good performer.

Shark = win

Chromes and Stainless in hand. Thank you Melyus for swift and sure delivery! (I have to do my Keramik analysis first, but I am looking forward to trying these "eating machines" out. Dunt. Dunt.)

Seems like the Sharks are doing swimmingly.

proxy.php

Sorry, Charlie, only good shaving blades get to be Sharks.

I've sent an email to LORD asking them if they can explain the difference between the two. I'll let you know if I here back.

Curiosity killed the cat ... :death:

So as some of you know, I've been boring the flock on the Safety Razor forum with a shave off, comparing the long and short toothed News. 4 shaves with each, each loaded with a Shark Super Stainless. The shaves from each were fabulous, but the revelation was the Shark blades. They are superb. While the shave off has concluded, these two blades keep going. I decided to push it using an ABC pocket for shave #5. A very plain, clean lined razor head design which really reveals the quality of the blade. Unbelievable, maybe the closest and smoothest shave yet. Quite a recommendation here, the 5th shave was better than the first and the first was amazing.

CarlosAT was very kind to send me a Shark blade. I have tried it today.
My prep was:
Night before I did a prep-cream on
I did a Kyle's Prep, waited for 3 minutes and started Lathering and let that stay for 2 minutes.

So the prep was good. Now the blades....they were horrible. Just like the Personna's and Lord's. It was pulling, jerking. I immediately stopped and switched to the Feathers.
The Feathers weren't even new! It was my third time I used those Feathers.
My God what a difference! Feathers.....wow....

Last edited:
Thank goodness!

I was waiting for the first "Sharks Suck" post, and it's here!

I was beginning to fear that we might cause a rift in the YMMV continuum, but all is right in the universe again! :biggrin:

Since we have a few Shark admirers and at least one Shark harpooner, how's about adding some input to the article in the review section?

BTW, after a stint of Sharks in a Krona, today I went back to Gillette and let my Shark swim with my Red Tip. Great shave, and no blood in the water!

I used a Shark in a Slant last week and found the results quite nice. They're not the smoothest blade in the world, but they are sharp and smoother than most. Good blade all around, but not as life changing as the Astra Keramiks were for me.

Top Bottom