What's new

Shark DE Blades

I have the super chrome and the super stainless versions. I honestly can't tell much of a difference between them. Either one is a good buy.

I have the super chrome and the super stainless versions. I honestly can't tell much of a difference between them. Either one is a good buy.

I am becoming pretty convinced they are the same blades in different packages.
Chromium is what makes steel stainless; super chrome and super stainless mean the same thing.

$16.88 is an amazing price. He's selling the chrome ones. Melyus has the "super stainless" for $16.50, including shipping. I pulled the trigger with Melyus!

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased two packs from Bull Goose and used one this morning, and all I can say is "wow".

I think it is just as sharp as a Feather, but seemed less harsh. YMMV, but this may take the place of my Feathers!

I've got enough shaves in with the Shark Super Stainless, and a few with the Super Chrome, that I think I've got a pretty good feel for these blades.

Consistency, from blade to blade within the lot, and in at least two different lots, has been outstanding. I haven't run across a clunker blade yet.

They seem to do well in a variety of vintage Gillette razors. The Sharks also get along with a variety of soaps and creams.

I can make one blade last for a week of everyday, three pass shaves.

What's not to like? Some minor quibbles -

Glue. The Shark blades aren't goopy with it, and never near the edge, but I'd prefer no glue at all.

They aren't a punishing, harsh blade, but they aren't extremely forgiving, either. This isn't a bad thing, but there are probably blades that would be a little easier for a beginner to work with. The much maligned Dorco ST-301 seemed to let me make moves that would result in a "Damn, I better be careful, or next time I'll cut myself" sort of response. With the Shark, it's "Damn, I cut myself!" :blushing:

It's a nice blade. I really wish we could get an insider at the LORD facilities to give us the scoop on how the different lines are produced - I wonder if it's different machinery, different allowances, or simply a QC guy on the Shark line who's bucking for a promotion?

Of course, it could turn out that they just slap different labels on identical blades and it's all in our heads....:crazy:

That would be a great place to grap a couple packs to try, along with other stuff.

A hundred there would be $26.95 shipped, the fellow on the 'bay has them for $16.88

It's now only $23.45 shipped, as he is now selling them in 100 packs for $16.50, + 6.95 shipping.

That shipping price appears to be a flat rate though, so throw some other stuff into your cart to offset the shipping costs (like Tabac :w00t:)

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Obtained some Sharks from fellow members in trade & PIF, thanks AZShaver & Ram, put one in Saturday last & it is running strong. As sharp as a Feather I think (but I lack too much experience) despite a wiry beard I was getting 6-7 days of 4 pass plus touch up out of the Feathers, so the Shark has a couple days to go. (I used a GEM in there so Shark needs to swim to Monday)

But so far, so good

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Has anyone used the Shark blades in a Red Tip SS? (I mean someone who doesn't hate the Red Tip to begin with).

I'm curious as to their performance (as well as Feather) in the heavier Superspeed.

Yes I agree. These Sharks are excellent blades.
I too believe that the Super Chrome and Super Stainless are the same blade in a different package.
I took one to work(I work in a metrology lab) and took some micro photos of the edge. Notice it is very smooth and regular. There is a fairly long initial gring which leads into a short more acute gringd to the edge.
These photos are at various magnifications and were taken on a Nikon SMZ800 stereo and a Nikon MM60 precision measuring scope.

Yes I agree. These Sharks are excellent blades.
I too believe that the Super Chrome and Super Stainless are the same blade in a different package.
I took one to work(I work in a metrology lab) and took some micro photos of the edge. Notice it is very smooth and regular. There is a fairly long initial gring which leads into a short more acute gringd to the edge.
These photos are at various magnifications and were taken on a Nikon SMZ800 stereo and a Nikon MM60 precision measuring scope.

I love the photos.:thumbup1:

Thanks Ohio, I took some wiyh the same magnication and light, of a "Swedish Gillette"
and another blade. I don't have time to resize them now, I will post them tomorrow, probably.
Buenos Noches

Top Bottom