Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shark DE Blades

Default Shark DE Blades

WOW!

These things are sharp; very sharp indeed.
    A little rougher than a Feather, but not by much. Very nice blades.

Hi, Ohio -

I've heard very good things about Shark blades and I'm working through some others before I try them.

Images

I've saw these blades several months ago, but haven't located anywhere to purchase (haven't looked very hard, either)
    where did you get them?
    After Monday and Tuesday, even the rest of the week goes W T F

Quote Originally Posted by sol92258 View Post
    I've saw these blades several months ago, but haven't located anywhere to purchase (haven't looked very hard, either)
    where did you get them?

[wierd al]

I bought it on EBay..."

[/wierd al]

Images

They are nice blades. B&B member Melyus has them, you can PM him or try his webstore.

I find them to be very sharp yet not as assertive as the Feathers. What I really like about them is the way they last. I get seven great three pass shaves per blade. At the price point, that makes them very economical as well as being good performers.

The ones I've been using are the Super Stainless. I see that the Ebay source lists his as Super Chrome. I don't know if they perform the same as the Super Stainless that Melyus stocks.
    "He must be a king. He hasn't got Williams all over 'im!" - cb91710 I spend my knights at the Veg Table.

Howard1616 sells them on ebay by the 100. I have not tried them yet but, I have bought blades from Howard before and he is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgumby View Post
    The ones I've been using are the Super Stainless. I see that the Ebay source lists his as Super Chrome. I don't know if they perform the same as the Super Stainless that Melyus stocks.

Mine are the Super Chrome. They come in the same white plastic packs that Derby or Dorcos come in.

Images

Glad to hear that the Super Chromes are also delivering good results!

I'm certainly no man of the world when it comes to blades (although after some generous PIFs from Siouxsie and Stubblefield, I am going to have a lot of different blades under my "shaved with" belt soon) but the Sharks seem to hit the sweet spot of sharp yet smooth with me, and they last a week!
    "He must be a king. He hasn't got Williams all over 'im!" - cb91710 I spend my knights at the Veg Table.

Sharks delivers outstanding performance at a reasonable price. Much more consistent and better performer than derbys. Suggest ordering from board member Melyus.

Images

These are available through shoeboxshaveshop as well, in a quantity of 5..it's a little more expensive than buying in bulk, but might be useful if you just want to give them a try:

http://www.shoeboxshaveshop.com/shar...dge-blade.html

Shark's are apparently a product of LORD by the way.
    Last edited by michiganlover; 06-24-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Images

Yes, the are at the very least handled by the same Egyptian company that does Lord blades and razors.

It makes one wonder at the differences between the blades produced for these companies. Perhaps the Sharks are produced on a different line, or with different steel stock, or who knows what. Maybe it's just a diligent quality control supervisor, or perhaps the differences in blades from the same company is all in our heads.

Images

Been wanting to try them
    [B][/B] HOPPER Keep your blades DRY [url]http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/yourmoney/chi-ym-spending-1104nov04,0,936147.story[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by tlanning View Post
    Been wanting to try them

I would have to say that it's worth a shot.

Oh man, I'm supposed to get my 100 from meylus this week...this thread has me psyched!
    I guess I just like guitars more than razors...

Quote Originally Posted by Topgumby View Post
    Yes, the are at the very least handled by the same Egyptian company that does Lord blades and razors.

It makes one wonder at the differences between the blades produced for these companies. Perhaps the Sharks are produced on a different line, or with different steel stock, or who knows what. Maybe it's just a diligent quality control supervisor, or perhaps the differences in blades from the same company is all in our heads.
    They are one of many brands under the Lord umbrella.

http://www.razorslord.com/Brands/
    TheBigL Nick Rivers: Hillary. That's an unusual name. Hillary Flammond: It's a German name. It means 'she whose bosoms defy gravity'. Nick Rivers: I'm pleased to meet you. My name's Nick. Hillary Flammond: Nick? What does that mean? Nick Rivers: Oh, nothing. My dad thought of it while he was shaving. -Top Secret

Images

I have tried the stainless and the chrome. Both are great blades and are hard to distinguish from one another. I really don't think you can go wrong with either of these blades. I have certainly paid more for less performance with other blades.
    "This is Mrs. Bencours, one of my patients. She thinks she's a sheep." - Gene Wilder

I am REALLY liking Shark blades so far. Got the super stainless, and they seem to be a very nice middle ground between Crystals and 7 0'clocks. Sharp, but not wicked sharp. Very smooth as well. If/when I run out, I would definitely order more (and maybe even before then...Shavepocalypse and all y' know)

Quote Originally Posted by wundergussy View Post
    I am REALLY liking Shark blades so far. Got the super stainless, and they seem to be a very nice middle ground between Crystals and 7 0'clocks. Sharp, but not wicked sharp. Very smooth as well. If/when I run out, I would definitely order more (and maybe even before then...Shavepocalypse and all y' know)

They last longer than anything else for me, tied with German Wilkinson's.
    I need more.

Images

Here's another source. I haven't bought any; just looking.

http://bestgroomingtools.com/shark-d...ck-p-1207.html
    "Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you."

^
    Man, it just seems like buying any blade by the hundo is the way to do it. If you hate 'em, someone will take them, and if you love them, you've saved a bundle.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast