What's new

Is anyone using a Pilot Vanishing Point?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
brucered, I'll offer to hold it for you until Christmas if you want. :whistling: That way it'll be a nice present under the tree for you.

brucered, I'll offer to hold it for you until Christmas if you want. :whistling: That way it'll be a nice present under the tree for you.

Thanks for the offer Sam, very generous of you....but i'll consider it a belated bday gift to myself, so i'm ok to put to use as soon as it arrives.

Nice try though.

Let us know how you like it Bruce. I have been wondering about a Vanishing Point since I got into fountain pens, but the clip has deterred me. It definitely helps to be able to hold and use the pen before making your decision!

I love my VP and I find that the clip is handy for keeping the pen aligned when I write without having to look at the nib. I've been using mine daily since I traded with Superbleu for a medium nib to replace the fine nib that it had when I purchased the pen. I'll clean it out and send it to you if you'd like to give it a go before deciding to buy one. Let me know.

I LOVE my VP's!!! I have 7 that I use (I like to "match" them with my suits). You can't go wrong IMHO. The only thing that would concern me with "heavy use," is that it uses "standard" cartridges, and tends to "run through them" fairly quickly. I would estimate that I'm a "medium to high user" and have to change cartridges every 3-4 days. As always, YMMV. I've used Fountain Pen Hospital and have always had good service.

Last edited:
I love my VP and I find that the clip is handy for keeping the pen aligned when I write without having to look at the nib. I've been using mine daily since I traded with Superbleu for a medium nib to replace the fine nib that it had when I purchased the pen. I'll clean it out and send it to you if you'd like to give it a go before deciding to buy one. Let me know.

Thank you Bob! I will shoot you a PM.

I LOVE my VP's!!! I have 7 that I use (I like to "match" them with my suits). You can't go wrong IMHO. The only thing that would concern me with "heavy use," is that it uses "standard" cartridges, and tends to "run through them" fairly quickly. I would estimate that I'm a "medium to high user" and have to change cartridges every 3-4 days. As always, YMMV. I've used Fountain Pen Hospital and have always had good service.

Why not get a converter? Or you could refill the carts with a syringe.

Thank you Bob! I will shoot you a PM.

Why not get a converter? Or you could refill the carts with a syringe.

I bought my pen with the converter and can't imagine using anything else. It is very easy to clean and it is the perfect pen for trying out ink samples or filling with my favorite.

just pulled the trigger on a black matte m nib...hope i like it. 140 shipped from goulet with my 5% b and b discount

I have an early faceted one, plus a newer version -- really great pens, and perfect for carrying to meetings. You need one!

I have an early faceted one, plus a newer version -- really great pens, and perfect for carrying to meetings. You need one!

where is my VP!!!!! i ordered sunday, i want it now.

thanks for the positive post and information. it re-affirms to me that my purchase was a good one and i can't wait to get it.

now to order up some inks...purple, green, blue and whatever else i can find in cartridges for it. they are cheap enough to have a few colors on hand.

I actually have two - a Pilot VP in black carbonesque, but I never bonded with it. I think it was due to the size. Just a little too big. It just sits in my drawer.

But I did love the idea and the execution. After some research, I discovered that Pilot made a smaller/thinner version for the Japanese market called the decimo. I found one stateside and ordered it -perfect. Perfect size for me and I love writing with it.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Let us know how you like it Bruce. I have been wondering about a Vanishing Point since I got into fountain pens, but the clip has deterred me. It definitely helps to be able to hold and use the pen before making your decision!

I`m loving mine. It is a fine . . . which is finer than a German EF. Right now it is loaded with a Noodler`s brown ink that I admired from a letter someone with the initials DAVE258 sent me a while back.

I`m loving mine. It is a fine . . . which is finer than a German EF. Right now it is loaded with a Noodler`s brown ink that I admired from a letter someone with the initials DAVE258 sent me a while back.

Ah, Noodler's Beaver. I just flushed my al star yesterday that was loaded with it. I still enjoy that ink! Very nice shading with lager nibs and good paper!

So Mike do you find the Pilot nibs run smaller? The only Pilot I had was the 78g that I PIF'ed away. It was a fine nib, but was way too fine for me.
Bob is sending me his, VP medium nib, can't wait to try it out!

I had a Fine nib to start and didn't love it. The medium is sweet!

Phew.....that's what i wanted to hear.

i know pen nibs are probably even more YMMV then shave products, but i'm glad the M is getting some positive feedback, as it's what i have tended to like in the odd FP i've had or tried.

Top Bottom