What's new

New guy in town

Greetings,

I have been traditional wetshaving for about a month now (before that was cartridge razors) and have been following this site since my beginnings. I have learned alot here and am currently going through my trial and error phase with my gear (mostly with razors - gillette slim adjustable '61 and a merkur barber pole; I have a 34c on the way!) I also just ordered a Shavemac 23mm silvertip, since I am going to work with creams at first (arbitrary decision).

I have had a mostly successful run until recently with some trying razor burn, which is most likely bad technique. I am also having trouble with shave creams (bad irritation from some), so I have a lot of searching to do still. I do have some samples on the way.

A little about myself...I am a middle school science teacher (Physical Science) and live in Pinellas County, Florida. I decided to take up traditional wetshaving as a way to improve myself (release the inner gentleman :smile:) and find a way to slow things down and enjoy more of life (rather stressful occupation at times :tongue_sm)! I also enjoy traditional archery and various historical/science/mythological studies.

I want to thank B&B and everyone for all of the good advice I have gotten up til now. This is a great site with a very knowledgable community!

Thanks,
Sean

Hello Sean,
Welcome aboard. As for your irritation you may not have given your skin a chance to heal. In that case everything will seem to irritate. I rarely get irritation except when I'm trying something really new. In that case it is technique. When I do get irritation it normally takes 3 days to fully heal. When shaving the areas with irritation I'll go only with the grain for awhile until my face feels normal again.

Len

Thanks everyone!

Oldguy - thanks for the advice! I will just follow the grain for a few days and see what happens.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom