What's new

Body Shop cologne vs C&E or BBW

I'm new to using any kind of cologne, and I'm on a budget, so I'm keeping to some local easy to get ones along the lines of Body Shop, C&E and BBW. So far I've only purchased one from the Body Shop (Arber), and I think it's great, scent wise. I'm aware that longevity may not be amazing from it. I was thinking of trying a second one from another place, I have a coupon for C&E for 30% off, making their Nomad one (matching to my soap) a good price (I think it is normally 40 CAD approx), but can anyone tell me how that would compare to the one I already have or would I be better getting from BBW (they only have I think the red one around here, and it would be a cheaper option still than C&E) Or are they all basically the same as far as quality and longetivity?

If anyone can recommend another one along those lines for scent that might last longer, and be cheap and easy to find say at a Canadian Wal-Mart or Shoppers, that might be helpful too.

Thanks for any input! I'm a transit driver, and I'm around smelly people often alllll day long, so I need to combat that!

I think Aqua di Gio is pretty readily available, and widely enjoyed. I'm not sure what the price tag is though... I'm sorry, I'm not being very much help at all. Actually, the other day I was in Shoppers looking at colognes and the lady working there gave me a bunch of samples to try out. You might be able to come away with something similar and give each sample a few wears before making a decision.

If you're limiting yourself to a local mall, I would try to find a L'Occitane store. There are a couple of them in Ontario.

IMHO the L'Occitane scents are in a different league than the Body Shop, B&BW and C&E scents. They're very reasonably priced at ~$45usd.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I'm new to using any kind of cologne, and I'm on a budget, so I'm keeping to some local easy to get ones along the lines of Body Shop, C&E and BBW. So far I've only purchased one from the Body Shop (Arber), and I think it's great, scent wise. I'm aware that longevity may not be amazing from it. I was thinking of trying a second one from another place, I have a coupon for C&E for 30% off, making their Nomad one (matching to my soap) a good price (I think it is normally 40 CAD approx), but can anyone tell me how that would compare to the one I already have or would I be better getting from BBW (they only have I think the red one around here, and it would be a cheaper option still than C&E) Or are they all basically the same as far as quality and longetivity?

If anyone can recommend another one along those lines for scent that might last longer, and be cheap and easy to find say at a Canadian Wal-Mart or Shoppers, that might be helpful too.

Thanks for any input! I'm a transit driver, and I'm around smelly people often alllll day long, so I need to combat that!

If you hurry, C+E has a special Father's Day promotion: you can buy any of their five men scents for only $15 each if you have a second purchase - even if this is only a one $ item! So, spend a buck on the small Emory board nail files for $1 and get a cologne for $15 (you save $25 per bottle) - this is not limited to one. I picked up four the other day while spending an extra four $ for small things. Not a bad deal - I am not sure how long this will last.

C&E lavender water is nice, but not particularly long lasting. Is there a Caswell-Massey around? Their sandalwood cologne is quite nice; $30 USD in the store, $25ish plus shipping from Barclay Crocker site. And L'Occitane does have some very nice scents at not much more.

thanks for the ideas guys. there are no good fragrance stores around here, but there is They Bay, and they have a good selection, but very expensive, but at least I can try out some of the suggestions there, and then I can get them online through FragranceX or some place.

I did in the mean time take advantage of the deal at C&E, EDT for 20 dollars in Canada with another purchase, so I got the Nomad one to match my soap and AS, it's certainly a step up from the one that I have, now I can really search for 'my scent'.

for about $20 US you can pick up a nice cologne from bath and body works. the c.o. bigelow scents are the one you want. the exlir black and green are my 2 favorites. if you can find a c.o. bigelow bay rum that one is also nice. i find that these will last most of the day. from say 9-3.

the crabtree and evelyn stuff has some great scents but is more expensive $40 US. i really like all of their scents but sadly they don't long on me at all. i personally really like the west indian limes and the uncharted.

for about $46 US you can go to l'occcatine and get any of their scents. i really like their vyvteir one. i think though when you get this high you can probably pick up a designer cologne such as ralph lauren or lacoste.

I really like L'Occitane's The Vert edt. Really nice citrus opening with a great green tea scent. Definitely smells better than Eau de Aisselle Vilain by Salir Traversée. :lol:

I second the recommendation for C.O. Bigelow Elixer Black from BBW. My wife bought me some for Christmas cause she loved the smell in the store, and the girl working there said the Black was the most popular.

V

VR6ofpain

The Blue Elixer is also good. C&E's Sienna EDT is even better though!

out of the c.o. bigelow colors it goes like this for me in order of first to last: black, green, blue and red.

Personally i'd be staying with the C&E. I find their prices to be quite reasonable for a 100ml cologne/etd spray and their fragrances are a little less contrived than those at the Body Shop.

L'occitane scents just don't do it for me. I always feel like I've been bashed over the head whenever I smell their fragrances...

Top Bottom