What's new

Straight Shaving Video

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
For your viewing pleasure. A very "base" but artistic time laspe video of a gentleman's shave. I enjoyed it.
[YOUTUBE]1H37C0qbQaI[/YOUTUBE]

Great video, but I think he's missing out on one of my favorite parts of straight shaving which is shaving off more than three days growth without trimming it first.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Nice. Kyle's prep + a bit more...

Interesting way to hold a straight... Do you have to strop between passes?

Enjoyable, I liked it!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Interesting way to hold a straight... Do you have to strop between passes?

I looked back at my original posting of this youtube offering and I could see how you might have thought that I myself was the shaver in the video. This gentleman is anonymous, unknown to me, I had just come across the video and wanted to share it.

This gentleman does hold the straight razor in a unique way yes.... I think he mentioned in his video notes that this was a first time shave with the straight. Obviously he started with a bit of a beard...maybe a month's growth that was trimmed off with electric clippers.

I liked the transformation myself, the time laspe motion goes very well with the female duet and their "sacred harp" style music. This video was actually done in response to the young women's original youtube video of them playing their music and singing live. I am imagining that this gentleman was moved by their music and posted the straight shave video in response and respect for their art.

So...this is not the Antique Hoosier shaving...although one of my goals in the next few months is to start up a youtube channel and you should be able to see me do at least one straight razor shaves on it. Watching other video bloggers has inspired me to want to do it. Mantic and Mark Gauvreau among my main inspirations.

Top Bottom