What's new

Proraso

Hello everyone! I've been using Proraso shaving soap for about a month now and couldn't be happier. The one negative, if you can call it that, is that I'm wild for it's clean eucalyptus scent. Every time I'm in the bathroom I have to stop and pry the lid off the tub and inhale deeply. My question to the board is this: Does the Proraso aftershave splash have the the same great scent? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello everyone! I've been using Proraso shaving soap for about a month now and couldn't be happier. The one negative, if you can call it that, is that I'm wild for it's clean eucalyptus scent. Every time I'm in the bathroom I have to stop and pry the lid off the tub and inhale deeply. My question to the board is this: Does the Proraso aftershave splash have the the same great scent? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I use the Proraso A/S. It does not have that same scent. Its scent is fairly subdued, so it won't overpower the shave cream.

M

modern man

I use the ASB and it has more of a fresh scent very faint

Wow you like the smell of the cream? :blink: Just use Bengay for Cologne :tongue:

I use the ASB and it has more of a fresh scent very faint

Wow you like the smell of the cream? :blink: Just use Bengay for Cologne :tongue:

I really like the scent of green tube Proraso as well. Certainly not as strong as Ben_Gay or Noxzema, to which it is often compared. It has a clean, barbershop smell to me. I love the stuff.

The green Proraso does have a unique scent. The first time I used I thought it must be good because it smells bad. Kind of like Ben Gay, Noxzema but not as strong as Tiger Balm. These strong smelling products have been good to me so Proraso is just another smell. I work in a warehouse where fellow workers are sent home to bathe so I know what real bad smells are.

Although the Proraso A/S has a muted scent, the Proraso Pre/Post Shave has much the same scent as the soap. And it gives the same tingly sensation. Although many people use this product before shaving, I think most people (in the U.S., at least) use it as an aftershave. For some reason Proraso has recently changed the labeling for Target. It now just says Pre-Shave, but it is the same product. If you like the smell and the tingle, I suggest you use this as your after shave. It actually does a great soothing job. A little of it goes a long way.

The following recent thread contains a photo and a discussion of the Pre/Post:

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=9414

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The bad news is that the scent of the a/s splash and the a/s balm are much less pronounced than the cream.
The good news is that the scent of the pre/post is even stronger, so that may be the one you want, if you enjoy the scent.

Top Bottom