What's new

Ideal application of Clubman?

So I got my first bottle of Clubman yesterday (talc too!). I've read time and again about how strong and cloying it can be when overused, and I know everyone's different when it comes to scents, but I have to say that the stuff is strong. I wet my fingertip with a drop and moisten my wrist just a touch and this "after shave" (?!) projects something fierce!

I'm usually not the type to wear colognes heavily. With atomizers I do one spray, with splashes I put a little on my neck (all sides) and collar. But what does Clubman usually call for? A little dab or two?

And is it because of the plastic bottle that it smells ENTIRELY different (closer to Brut) when you open it as opposed to on the skin?

Love the stuff though. Timeless. It won't displace my Mr. Taylor/Speick/Sandalwood normal rotation, but I think there'll be some days that just cry out for nostalgia. My grandfather wore this and Old Spice.

Hey Kevan,

I just put the Clubman on like any other aftershave. Shake some into my hand, rub my hands together and slap it onto my face. The scent is pretty strong at first, but it settles down nicely. However, it isn't the kind of aftershave that goes well with a cologne--if I'm using Clubman, then that's all I use.

Don't get me going about Pinaud! I love the Special Reserve too, but the Citrus Musk is great to use in the summer. And Lilac Vegetal...unbelievable. Enjoy the world of Pinaud!

Pinaud is magnificent. I have worn the Clubman as a cologne, but it's more likely for me to use the Veg or the Bay Rum as a body splash--liberally splashing on as I would a cologne (on my chest, wrists, neck, and behind the ears), just using more than I would a cologne.

Both Lime Sec and Citrus Musk sound great. Guess I should get over to Sally's at some point. I've never seen any other Pinaud products besides Clubman and Bay Rum at the pharmacies, K-Mart, Wal Mart etc.

I also enjoy the Clubman line of products and yes, it's pretty easy to "over serve" this stuff since, for me, it doesn't fade down that much over the day.

I was extremely disappointed when they dropped the "Club Royale" AS/Cologne. That was nice stuff and I've yet to find anything like it.

Regards,

Les

Last edited:
Top Bottom