What's new

Bay Rum with staying power

Hi,

I own this Bay Rum after shave, it has no staying power whatsoever... Anyone have any good experience with Bay Rum after shaves that can actually last throughout the day?

Thanks,

M

Hi,

I own this Bay Rum after shave, it has no staying power whatsoever... Anyone have any good experience with Bay Rum after shaves that can actually last throughout the day?

Not sure which AS you're referring to since you didn't specifically mention one in your post. Bay Rum in general can be kind of fleeting scent-wise, especially if you use an all-natural, EO-based AS (like Dominica Bay Rum, for example).

You might have better luck using an FO-based mixture like Ogalalla; lots of guys seem to have good luck with that one. I prefer to extend the scent with a cologne. Meehan's Bay Rhum is my juice of choice. The stuff smells great, lasts for awhile (at least, it does on me), is EO-based and isn't too expensive. What more could you ask for?

Ogallala Bay Rum works really well for me and has ample staying power. To make the AS splash last longer, you can put on some Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength cologne as well...

Love the Pinaud Bay rum....it's fleeting.

Like the Ogallala very much...also fleeting. My kids think it smell like cookies. I haven't tried the more potent special reserve.

Just got the Bigelow cologne...Jury is out, but it seems to have more staying power than either. I really like the scent, very much in the same vein as the Pinaud, but a less pungent.

I don't know how much the "staying power" of colognes varies from person to person, but I think I'm in the group that tends to lose a scent quickly, if there is a difference.

Maybe I'll have to try the trick of using a little on the hair or shirt. I'm also pretty conservative with the application, with my normal routine being a spray or dab on the chest and one one the wrists. I've tried going Charlie Bronson/Mandom with the Pinaud, and it doesn't seem to boost the staying power much.

Top Bottom