What's new

Are there different types of Merkur blades in current production?

Just wondering.

Not to be negative, but I'm not impressed with the ones that came with the 2 Merkur razors I bought recently.

Thanks.

That's a common experience :smile:

There are literally 100s of different blades that will fit your razor. What you need is a blade sampler pack from a vendor such as westcoastshaving. You'll be able to try out a few different varieties, choosing the one that works best for you. Good luck!

That's a common experience :smile:

There are literally 100s of different blades that will fit your razor. What you need is a blade sampler pack from a vendor such as westcoastshaving. You'll be able to try out a few different varieties, choosing the one that works best for you. Good luck!
Thanks. Yes, I started the sampling process (it's fun). But I was wondering if Merkur produces different types of blades or just one.

Thanks. Yes, I started the sampling process (it's fun). But I was wondering if Merkur produces different types of blades or just one.

I believe they make/made a prioritized blade for a mustache trimmer they sold at one time, but not many folks seem to like it (mostly because of the blades). As suggested, getting a DE blade pack and finding one that works is your best bet.

Top Bottom