What's new

What's the most soothing after shave balm?

Sorry if it's been asked before. I am looking for a soothing balm with a medium scent.

Thanks,
ee

Welcome to B&B, great to have you here

Proraso is an awesome aftershave balm. I would say its light scented if any & wont clash with your EDT. Its very good at eliminating red irritation & is very soothing. It dries down nice & is very moisturising. Your skin feels great afterwards. :thumbup1:

What more could you want from an aftershave balm?

I'm using Biotherm Aquatic Lotion and it feels great and smells even better - not strongly scented but just right!

proxy.php

"You put the balm on? Who told you to put the balm on? I didn't tell you to put the balm on. Why'd you put the balm on? You haven't even been to see the doctor. If you're gonna put a balm on, let a doctor put a balm on."

Proraso is an awesome aftershave balm. I would say its light scented if any & wont clash with your EDT. Its very good at eliminating red irritation & is very soothing. It dries down nice & is very moisturising. Your skin feels great afterwards. :thumbup1:

+1 :thumbup1:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
This one is a bit tricky... Proraso is great, Nivea is also very good. To kill red bumps I found L'Oreal to be best... Another YMMV :biggrin:

Sorry if it's been asked before. I am looking for a soothing balm with a medium scent.

Thanks,
ee

If you are looking for soothing, you could try J/A/S/O/N Witch Vera. My wife uses it after leg waxing sessions, which can leave her with welts. Well I tried it after a particularly close, irritated shave and found it cooling and soothing. It's Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera; I mean, come on. It has a light herbal smell that disipates fast. Good for casual Friday kinds of situations. I will go to it if I need some skin first aid.

Somersets Post-shave balm.

The most soothing balm I have ever used. It doesn't have a strong scent so sometimes I can still smell my shave soap after applying the balm. At just AU$13 for 100ml, its great value too!

Correct on all counts. Every time I use the Proraso Cream aftershave, it makes me happy.

:smile:

This one is a bit tricky... Proraso is great, Nivea is also very good. To kill red bumps I found L'Oreal to be best... Another YMMV :biggrin:

I have the 3 of them ; great stuff :thumbup:

Oh, and the AV Ice Balm is in my rotation as well

Top Bottom