What's new

What is the most moisturizing & soothing cream?

Well gents.. what is the most moisturizing & soothing shave cream?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Two that come to mind...Saint Charles Shave Shea Butter with Avocado Oil and Taylor's Avocado. Both are excellent!

Randy

Two others worth considering are Trumpers Coconut and Taylors St-James (Cologne-cream, but very moisturising on my skin). Another option is Bronnleys samphire cream.

For me:

OLIVIA's Amber cream
DERBY Lavender
KMF Lavender&Shea
Palmolive Classic
Kaloderma Classic

Thomas

I find that when using any of the SCS cremes, I am moisturized to the point of not needing to apply an ASB. Additionally, Taylor's Avocado, Lavender, and Rose all treat me very well.

As a final suggestion, lathing any cream in conjunction with CAR's Hydrolast Cube can significantly improve you lather's moisturizing capabilities.

I'm gonna chime in here and say Nancy Boy used in conjunction with a good puck of soap (Superlather) was the most moisturizing and smoothest shave I have gotten. YMMV, of course. But, I only had the travel size of the NB and now that I have 8 different creams from Germany to try, I won't be using NB for a while. I might find that Florena or Nivea from Gemany could be the equal or even better. I'm pretty stoked to start finding out.

I'm going to add another vote for Taylor's Avocado... in fact, I find this such a moisturizing cream that I often won't use a balm or moisturizer after - just some Proraso AS splash (with all of that wonderful alcohol).

Another vote for Taylor's Lavender (new formulation). A good versatile cream, very forgiving regarding hydration. Get the cream/water ratio right, it transforms into an EXCELLENT! cream. For me that means less of both cream and water then what I was using when I started with it.

Arik.

Proraso mint cream is the best I can use without any problems. NancyBoy shave creams stings some but is very lubricating. Taylor's shaving cream makes me itch real bad; especially the Avocado & Rose.
My other choice is Tom's of Maine in mint.
Taylor's Avocado would be my 1st choice if I wasn't allergic to something in them.:confused1

I'd say:

Trumpers Coconut
Taylor's Avocado
Taylor's Lavendar

AND

Any of the Honey Bee shea butter soaps.

My dream soap would be a Honey Bee shea butter soap with additional coconut oil. WOW... What a soap that would be.

Chris

My experience has borne the following as the top three:
  • The Body Shop Men's Shave Cream
  • Musgo Real
  • Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil
There are so many others out there (Nancy Boy, Saint Charles Shave, Omega, etc., etc., etc.) that half the fun is trying them all out. :biggrin:

Top Bottom