What's new

My Modest Shave Den...

My everyday razor is a no-date late 40's SuperSpeed, with a Blue Tip, and Merkur Classic in the rotation. Brush is a Vulfix Pure Badger. Col Conk Lime and VDH Deluxe soaps are melted into Wally World sugar dishes. CO Bigelow Green tube cream and L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm. The trial vials are Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet and English Fern.

Expected in this week: Small Moss Scuttle and a Savile Row 3824 Silvertip brush.

Thanks Guys!

I got the valet here:

http://www.beltoutlet.com/codrvabymu.html

With an online coupon (google it) it was less than $20 shipped, another member posted this setup (can't remember who) and I thought it was nice (and cheap).

I melted the soap by putting the sugar dish into a pan of water about an inch deep and gently boiling it. Took about 10 minutes to melt, let cool and it rehardens to the shape of the dish. From what I understand you can only do this to glycerine based soaps...

Very, very cool!!
How I wish I had that much of real estate on my sink. I have no room on the sink itself at all, and the bathroom is so small, there's no place for any other cabinet besides the one over the cistern (commandeered by the wife!! :biggrin:). The only place I can put anything is in the medicine cabinet behind the mirror.

I love the old house we live in, but the bathrooms from that time were tiny!!!!

Nice, my shaving creams would cover the whole sink though. I need to put them in the medicine cabinet. Good thing I don't need any medicine...

Top Bottom