What's new

Gillette Techmatic

I picked up this NOS Gillette Techmatic for $10. Can anyone help shed any light on this in terms of it’s age, is it a collectable and whether blades can still be bought for it?
Thanks

You see the cartridges on ebay sometimes.I own a Techmatic and several carts but I haven't got around to trying it yet.From what I have gathered it is a mediocre shaver at best.:rolleyes:

You see the cartridges on ebay sometimes.I own a Techmatic and several carts but I haven't got around to trying it yet.From what I have gathered it is a mediocre shaver at best.:rolleyes:

I had one back in the late '60s. I don't remember much about it but do know I never bought a 2nd cartridge!

I am one of those rare birds on the shaving forums in that I like band razors and I use them as an occasional and welcome change of pace, even though DE is still my first choice. I use the adjustable (yes, 5 different blade gap settings) Schick Super Chromium cartridges. They will fit the Gillette or the Schick handles. Like any shaving system, band razors take some getting used to. So if you decide to try it, don't judge it until you have used it for a few weeks. Band razors are the runt of the wetshaving litter but with a little love and attention they may become one of your favorite puppies.

I am one of those rare birds on the shaving forums in that I like band razors and I use them as an occasional and welcome change of pace, even though DE is still my first choice. I use the adjustable (yes, 5 different blade gap settings) Schick Super Chromium cartridges. They will fit the Gillette or the Schick handles. Like any shaving system, band razors take some getting used to. So if you decide to try it, don't judge it until you have used it for a few weeks. Band razors are the runt of the wetshaving litter but with a little love and attention they may become one of your favorite puppies.

I agree, I use mine a couple of days out of the month, with excellent results. I have a bunch of NOS Schick cartridges, PM me if you want to try one in your Techmatic. They fit and work fine in the Gillette, but the band advance is built into the cartridge on the Schick, not on the back of the handle, like on the Gillette.

proxy.php

Larry

Top Bottom