What's new

My overall experience of the Feather blade.

Today was the 5th shave I had with my Parker Interceptor and Feather blade. I noticed that today although the shave was good, the blade seemed to be losing its edge. It could be my beard as it is very tough, so therefore having more impact on the blade.

I could describe the sharpness level as a curve. The sharpness drops off sharply (no pun intended) during the first couple of shaves, then gradually levels off.

The Israeli blades I normally use, while not as sharp as the Feathers when brand new, seem to hold their edge longer per shave.

This is not intended as a review of the Feather, it is just my personal experience with them. While I like the Feathers, I will stick to the Israelis as they are cheaper and shave just as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I've been curious about Feathers as I am a newbie and have a medium-thick beard. If using a DE I shave every other day.

I'm amazed you get 5 shaves out of any blade. That's 2-3 more than I've gotten out of any blade I've tried so far. I'm about to try some generic (blank) Personnas to see how they measure up.

I recently got 9 shaves out of my first Feather. I did it by corking the blade after each use. The last couple of shaves required more strokes, but they were still decent shaves. That said, however, I still prefer the Super Thin blades from Singapore. I have medium soft skin and a slightly heavy beard. I've tried the red pack personnas too and the Super Thin is definitely a better shave for me. I get a week's shave out of each blade by corking.

Today was the 5th shave I had with my Parker Interceptor and Feather blade. I noticed that today although the shave was good, the blade seemed to be losing its edge. It could be my beard as it is very tough, so therefore having more impact on the blade.

I could describe the sharpness level as a curve. The sharpness drops off sharply (no pun intended) during the first couple of shaves, then gradually levels off.

The Israeli blades I normally use, while not as sharp as the Feathers when brand new, seem to hold their edge longer per shave.

This is not intended as a review of the Feather, it is just my personal experience with them. While I like the Feathers, I will stick to the Israelis as they are cheaper and shave just as well.

Yeaaa IPs thats been my blade of choice for longer than anyway a while. I use feathers in my slant. I don't try to get more than 3 shaves out of any blade but I think I could. My beard is as "leisureguy" describes in his book, copper wire.:eek:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
YMMV with a feather... A general rule of thumb is that you will get a great shave... They are great! Myself, I get more shaves out of an Astra than a Feather.

The Feathers for me seem to just cut the hairs so much easier. I was a big
red personna fan and a gillette 7 o clock fan. However nothing for me at least gives me closer shave than a Feather. But to each there own...:001_smile

Feathers do stay sharp, but the quality of the shave is so poor , why bother? Find a blade that matches your face better - fewer cuts, less razor burn, longer life.

I do notice that the feathers provide great close shaves for me, but my neck is not visibly irritated but it is for hours afterwards...if I sweat then it will burn on my neck...however, this doesn't happen everytime I use a feather, if I use a feather in my red tip, yes...my slim on 6, no...but still, no other blade does this to my neck...so the jury is still out on what to do with my 20 or so feathers left...I may just keep using them as they are reliably sharp and comfortable...lol...complete contradiction...but YMMV right? haha

Top Bottom