What's new

Just, blah

So, it is not 6:25 AM where I live and I've been up all night working on the final term paper for my MA. I still have 3000 words to go, so I don't know when I'll be getting to sleep. I promised my prof I'd submit it before I went to bed last night. I guess this is stretching it a LITTLE, although still technically true in a way :tongue_sm Ah well, I just want sleep so badly, but I'm thinking it won't be until around 2PM or so. Also, I don't even have the energy to add the flare to this message that I should to make you all really feel how horribly annoying this day/night/day is for me, so you can imagine the quality of writing my essay is getting.

On a brighter note, I have one of my favourite shave combinations set up for when I'm done and I'm going to take 30 minutes to wind down and enjoy it...

Well, back to it. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

I feel your pain as I, too, wrestle with my dissertation. :blink:

So, it is not 6:25 AM where I live and I've been up all night working on the final term paper for my MA. I still have 3000 words to go, so I don't know when I'll be getting to sleep. I promised my prof I'd submit it before I went to bed last night. I guess this is stretching it a LITTLE, although still technically true in a way :tongue_sm Ah well, I just want sleep so badly, but I'm thinking it won't be until around 2PM or so. Also, I don't even have the energy to add the flare to this message that I should to make you all really feel how horribly annoying this day/night/day is for me, so you can imagine the quality of writing my essay is getting.

On a brighter note, I have one of my favourite shave combinations set up for when I'm done and I'm going to take 30 minutes to wind down and enjoy it...

Well, back to it. Wish me luck. I'm going to need it.

Hang in there Anthony and Dave. As someone who just finished a dissertation, I can tell you that the light at the end of the tunnel is, in fact, not an oncoming train. :smile:

Last edited:
The promise of that good shave afterwards will get you through those 3000 words I hope!

(My BSc-dissertation had less words, lucky me!)

Happy shaving!

JdB

If it makes you feel any better, I graduated 25 years ago, but I am in my office working this morning anyway (not for much longer, though).

Good luck!

I was lucky....my graduate degree didn't require a dissertation. On the other hand, and looking back, that may have been preferable to all the stuff we WERE required to do!

Thanks for the encouragement everyone--I have survived! Oddly, now that I'm done, I can't seem to sleep...

Oh well, I'll just have to sit here and bask in the ambiance of my freshly shorn face.

congrats. i was luck enough to get an MLIS with no disseration required. which was super nice thinking about it. but i'm paying for it now with my crappy job.

Top Bottom