What's new

New Parker On Its Way

I just ordered this new Parker 65R from Howard1616 but from his new store.
Howard claims it shave great and he has been using a Shark blade(10 supplied). Its similar to the Parker 84R only twice as heavy. I will review it when I get at least 5 shaves under my belt.

I hope you fare better than I did. I recently bought one of these. Looks neat, nice and heavy, but turned out to be the least aggressive razor I have tried since starting de shaving in Feb of this year (I have tried at least 20 razors since then, including one fatboy, aristocrats, slims, techs, ss, flair tips, a knack, several news; a merkur 12 C and a parker 22). I used the 65 twice, both times with Feathers. During the second shave, I had to switch over to my red tip and load the Feather in there -- the 65 felt like it wasn't cutting much of anything . . . . I am going to try it with one of my other heads . . . wish i had a silver new head . . . all of mine are gold tone and don't match. I'm going to experiment a little. I guess mine could be defective. Hope your mileage varies positively!

I'm picturing it right now. Hands high in the air? :smile:

But I guess you are thinking about the 91R. These are the reviews for the 90R.
My offer still stands. :smile:

You're right . . . I was looking at the 91 R reviews, but I have had a mediocre experience with a Parker 22 TTO; so I may just keep running! :biggrin:

Anyway, tried the 65r one more time this morning and gave up again half (really like 1/3) of the way through. So I tried out one of my gillette new open comb heads in the razor this morning, and it worked very well. I like the weight of this razor. One thing i noticed with the originial head, the 65 makes more noise than any of my other razors (i.e., sheesh, sheesh,) as I shave, yet seems to take very little off with each pass, and it seems to require more and more manual pressure, which ultimately makes for an uncomfortable, laborious and unpleasant shave for me.

However, I really like it with the gillette new head.

My new Parker 65R arrived today. This is a beautiful razor and appears to be chromed(identical finish as my Merkur 11C) I loaded it with a Feather and checked blade exposure on both ends. Appears to be even and tight. By the end of the week I will have a review of this razor IMHO.

I am looking forward to your review, as well.

By the way, my razor is is more blackish, gray -- not tannish at all.

Good luck with your new razor. Hopefully it shaves as nice as it looks.

Well, it certainly is an attractive razor. Hope it works well for you. I have a 91r and like it alot and am curious about this one. Looking forward to your review

how did it go today, slantman?

can you give us a sneak preview of your review?

i know you'll want to wait to get a few more shaves under your belt before you roll out the official review.

curious to hear your initial impression.

thanks.

Yes I posted yesterday afternoon(2nd post of the day) and again this morning
under shave of the day forum. This is a wonderful well thought out razor. Much more info coming Friday in the review section. I need several more days with the Feather to give an honest evaluation.:thumbup:

thanks, slantman.

I may have to revisit mine and see what I've been doing wrong.

Glad it's working out for you . . . you've given me renewed hope!!!

The head on the 65R is totally new. No other Parker has it(yet) but I understand all forthcoming Parkers(at least 3 piece) will have this new head. Incidentally it looks a lot like the Progress head but non adjustable.

Top Bottom