What's new

Whatcha riding, bicycle-wise?

Up until today I've been riding my Dad's Bianchi 2006 Pista Concept,
proxy.php

but today we went out and got a Specialized Langster (Chicago) for $500.
proxy.php

It currently has a 16t fixed/16t freewheel hub, but my Dad said he's been wanting a freewheel/fixed wheel on his Surly, so I'll be changing that out tomorrow, as well as scratching off most of the paint. Not sure if I want to leave "Gangster" on there or not... I already took off the rear brake and dropped the handlebars a bit.

Motomike: Sweet ride right there!

Thanks Mate

I guess I should mention that the 520 replaced my 1987 Specialized Sirrus. Most don't know that that vintage Sirrus was a criterium type road bike. Mine was teal and white, a real beauty. When I moved from San Diego, the skinny tires were not a good match for the Northern Illinois roads, so ultimately went to the 520 after attemts to modify the Sirrus were unsatisfactory.

Up until today I've been riding my Dad's Bianchi 2006 Pista Concept,
proxy.php

To my eye, That Bianchi is the sweetest looking bike thus far shown:wink: back in 87 when I bought my Specialized the contender was a Celeste colored Bianchi Campion del Mundo. The Celeste paint is worth 10 points right off the start.

The kind of bikes grown men here in Japan ride are the type that would get you beat up in North America. I am at work so I can't post a pic but let's just say that mine has is baby blue, has a basket and a bell and is called 'Fromage'. My old bike was called 'Milky Carrots'. And I'm not even kidding.

(I'm sure nikkuchan or slaglerock can confirm this ridiculousness)

Funny thing is, they're comfortable as hell and carry a good load. I wouldn't trade mine for anything now...well except maybe for that new 'Frosty Life' model I saw down at the shop yesterday...ooooweee she was sweet! (complete with tassles on the handgrips!) :biggrin:

To my eye, That Bianchi is the sweetest looking bike thus far shown:wink: back in 87 when I bought my Specialized the contender was a Celeste colored Bianchi Campion del Mundo. The Celeste paint is worth 10 points right off the start.

Thanks! It's really fun to ride. He was thinking about just shipping that up with me for school, but I was kind of unsure how I felt about having it when all I'm planning on doing is riding to school and the grocery. I love the color as well.

The kind of bikes grown men here in Japan ride are the type that would get you beat up in North America. I am at work so I can't post a pic but let's just say that mine has is baby blue, has a basket and a bell and is called 'Fromage'.

Any pictures?:biggrin:

I test road a few bikes at my local shop the other day with my dad. He was out on a Trek 7.2 FX and I tried out Trek 1.2 Triple and 1.5 Compact Road bikes. They both handled like a Porsche compared to my junky 20 years Schwinn. Bike AD is hitting me hard.

I test road a few bikes at my local shop the other day with my dad. He was out on a Trek 7.2 FX and I tried out Trek 1.2 Triple and 1.5 Compact Road bikes. They both handled like a Porsche compared to my junky 20 years Schwinn. Bike AD is hitting me hard.

Bike AD is the hardest to deal with, I have 9 and have my sights set on a new time trial frame this off season.

I was actually at the Bike Line in Carmel.

Ah. I bought my Trek 7.3 from Bicycle Garage two weeks ago. Pretty helpful folks. I tried the 7.2 and 7.3, and, well, trying the nicer bike was a mistake for my wallet :wink: Glad I didn't decide to try out a fancy road bike! I'm taking a basic maintenance class there on Saturday..

I'm probably going to end up switching back to a HT, as I ride too fast and get into too much trouble with hikers as a result. (Marin is the most anti-MTB community on the planet, talk about Irony). I'm either going with a HT (SC Chameleon) and do a parts swap, or a 29er (Salsa El Mariachi). The Chameleon will take a 160mm fork, which is cool.

My outstanding father, just bought me a Trek 1.5 Compact to help me with my workouts. I love it. Now, I've got to get him to get the 7.3 FX for himself.

My outstanding father, just bought me a Trek 1.5 Compact to help me with my workouts. I love it. Now, I've got to get him to get the 7.3 FX for himself.

Dude! That is awesome. Now I don't have to send you a bike and you can rock in your tri event! OUTSTANDING! That bike is as perfect a place you can be on an entry level quality road bike. Ride it fast, ride it safe and ride it in good health!

PS....is it that cool, funky green and white?

i got this about 4 months ago. it's been crazy. i've been a couch potato since 8th grade which when i got my bmx bike stolen. it was my llast bike and i got a computer that year. i'm 21 now and car-less. so i picked this up on craigslist. i've been getting quite a break in. i fell once when i got it but other than that it's just a lung killer (smokes) and i have skinny legs:tongue_sm

i've gotten a lot faster and my legs are getting shape:thumbup1: it's very fun to pass cars and i love riding the streets

proxy.php
[/IMG]

I've been using my Valdora PHX a lot lately. I can't figure out how to post a picture of it. If you're looking for a reasonably priced carbon TT/Tri bike, I recommend you check it out. I bought mine on line directly from Valdora, as no local shops carry them. It's a great bike.

Top Bottom