What's new

Whatcha riding, bicycle-wise?

Brodirt: Yes, they are MKS. I'm loving them so far! That TT is AWESOME. The rims are stellar! Love the Motobecane as well.

A lot of sweet rides on here!

My knees are shot, so my cycling days are pretty much over. I do have a Specialized A-1 Cross Comp with less than 100 miles setting in the shed, but my favorite bike is an old Uni-Vega Rover Ten, with a third front chain ring added making it a fifteen speed bike. I bought this bike used after a divorce in "88" and still putt around on it. The guy who now owns the local bike shop cringes when he sees me coming his way. I think he's afraid someone will see my bike there and embarrass him LOL.
Ken.

I inherited my brother's Puch (made in Austria) from the early '80s ... its a nice bike, but I need to get it overhauled. The tires and brakes need to be replaced, and I'd like to have the shifters moved from the down-tube to the top-tube where they will be more accessible. The only thing standing between me and riding a super-nice bike right now is money.

My brother had it set up for racing, and as such its bare-bones. I'd like to use it for touring, with a comfortable seat, a luggage rack, more padding on the handlebars, and a few other creature comforts and convenience features.

I haven't ridden it in about 4 years, but when I did take it out on the road, it pedaled smoother and easier than anything else I've ever been on. Even with the dry-rotted tires and nearly non-existent brakes, it's a sweet ride.

1993 Schwin Frontier. My folks bought it for me when I was 12.

You still have it?! Awesome!

We need to see pictures Tim...:wink:

Agreed!

I just got a new bike yesterday (after mine being unusable for about 2 and a half years now) and I'm excited to start using it. It is a Diamondback Odyssey which was on sale, making it a good deal. I'll post pics later when I get a chance/once I get the lights I purchased mounted.

I've been absent from B&B for some time, but this seems like a good time to jump back in...

Too many years spent in the biz means too many bikes; even after selling my beloved IF Crown Jewel, I've still got 6 or 7. Daily rides:

Heron Wayfarer/Touring--Age, arthritis, and an impressive catalog of racing/training injuries make this rolling Barcalounger the ideal Old-Guy Mileage Machine. Comfy.

Gunnar Cyclo-X Bitsa Bike--This is my beater/commuter/urban assault unit, built up with bitsa this, bitsa that. It gets changed around a lot--drops, flat bars, risers, mustache bars, STIs, topmounts, barcons, clipless, platforms...

Not shown:

Guerciotti SL with Mavic DT-shifter gruppo
Bridgestone XO-2 rain bike project
My '77 Proteus race bike w/ original Nuovo Record
My Dad's old Raleigh International

Please pardon poor pix:

I have a Trek 750 that's about 15yrs old. I haven't ridden in a while, but I'd like to. Its been a great bike.

Heron Wayfarer/Touring--Age, arthritis, and an impressive catalog of racing/training injuries make this rolling Barcalounger the ideal Old-Guy Mileage Machine. Comfy.

Gunnar Cyclo-X Bitsa Bike--This is my beater/commuter/urban assault unit, built up with bitsa this, bitsa that. It gets changed around a lot--drops, flat bars, risers, mustache bars, STIs, topmounts, barcons, clipless, platforms...

I'm digging both those bikes...

I got this about 10 years or so ago soon after graduating highschool.
Has easily 2000 miles on it, I want to retire it for a full suspension, but cant afford it right now.
It has Ritchey Pro logic rims, and a Ritchey frame, Titec bar ends(comfy) and 2.5" tires.
proxy.php

Cannondale Killer V 500

I miss my Cannondale Killer V 500 :frown:. mine was stolen back in '99 before I left for Japan. I'm convinced it was my old roommate who lived in the same building as me. my storage locker was the only one with the lock cut off and my bike the only thing that was stolen. oh, and my ex-roomie was really into biking and he had the tools to cut the lock (his storage locker was just a few doors down from mine). he's gonna be one sorry guy if I ever see him again.

Too many years spent in the biz means too many bikes; even after selling my beloved IF Crown Jewel, I've still got 6 or 7. Daily rides:

I'm digging both those bikes...

They're pretty cool in person too. I was initially perplexed by the Heron, but it's exactly the bike Mysterion needs, and it's all well integrated. Plus, he weighs about 30 lbs less than I do, so even if he's on the barcalounger, he'll beat me like a drum up hills...

Top Bottom