What's new

Whatcha riding, bicycle-wise?

Looks relaxing! I have been curious to try a trike. But It's wider (and lower) than I'd like for the crazy traffic here.

You are right there. I ride country roads and an occasionally a bike path, and on the roads people give you a wide berth ("Whazzat?!"). In 'Frisco you'd be taking your life in your hands--hills and traffic are NOT what a trike rider is happy with.

It is really almost more like driving than riding--comfortable, but only as relaxing as the mind and legs are in the mood for. Speed is fun!

In the community, the call the face you make when you ride a recumbent a "bent smile" because you always have a big goofy grin when you ride. They are so much fun and miles better than any bicycle I've ridden in every possible way. I've been dying to get on mine recently but it's almost 100 degrees around my area every day.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I rode my Ritchey today.

proxy.php
proxy.php

I'm right around the corner from picking up a Cannondale Bad Boy hybrid, a four month old bike from a friend who just upgraded. Very excited to get riding!

Very keen on bikes, as you will see......

Today I rode my new Paul hind singlespeed, 34 miles in 1.47 - so pleased (and knackered) the problem is I have got to get back to work tomorrow, so tempted to ride my wilier.

Mountain bike wise, the main one is an orange p7 pro, with an old kona cinder cone rigid single speed.

As I said, I like bikes :)

I bought a Cannondale 29er right before I came to Korea. I left my truck and motorcycle behind, so I had to have something to get around on other than public transportation. I haven't changed anything yet other than the grips and pedals. I would like some sturdier derailleurs and a bigger front brake disc at some point.

proxy.php

I took this the other day and my 12 year old student refused to believe it was a new bike. "Old bike!" she kept saying. :crying:

Attachments

• $bike and lighthouse.jpg
    $bike and lighthouse.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 122
My daily commuter is a Merida Sub-40V.
Even though I ride to and from work on a fairly flat sidewalk I'm originally from a not-so-urban environment so I can't see myself riding anything else other than a mountain bike.
Those flimsy and thin wheeled road bikes look like they would bend and break if I went up a curb or down a stair or two. I generally ride a bit aggressively because I grew up riding BMX bikes through fields and the town I lived in. I go up and down stairs and sidewalks without thinking twice.

I bought it used but it good condition from a near-by bike shop. It was an amazing deal, it cost around $150 for a fully functional 2nd hand bike!
So far I've replaced the seat quick-release to a regular one, so people don't steal it.
I've changed both the front and rear brake pads recently. I guess the former owner rode like a grandma and used them a lot :lol:
I also had to change the front tire and inner tube. The tire had a deep scratch/cut on its side that eventually made the inner tube spring a leak, and the anti-puncture fluid (thingy) went bad and just squirted out instead of plugging the hole.

When I went to the bike shop to change my brake pads the guy told me it would cost X amount for the pads and about the same price for labor. It's an upper class kind of store where people that don't know jack drop by for trivial things like fixing a flat tire and adjusting the gears.
I kindly asked him for an allen wrench and changed them in about 5 minutes.

So far I love the bike! It's not too fancy for me but it's not junk either. I know it can take a beating and come out in one piece.

A pic from the interwebs: (Mine is black and green)

$MATTS_40_V_ BLACK_WHITE_2012_CAT.tif.jpg

2005 Specialized FSR XC-Comp for the woods and a 2008 Orbea Ora for the road. I love those bikes. Just need a pair of Zipps for the Orbea.

Top Bottom